What exactly does this mean regarding combined arms??

Raven434th

What exactly does this mean regarding Combined Arms??

"The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions."

Does it mean that if we own Combined Arms we get the WWII assets pack for free? Its a pretty ambiguous statement at the very least.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Does it mean that if we own Combined Arms we get the WWII assets pack for free? Its a pretty ambiguous statement at the very least.

It means what it says. It will be compatible with CA. How do you get anything else from that?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am not quite sure what we are getting in the asset pack, there are the announced units in the newsletter and then the "free asset additions". Does that mean they will continue building more WWII units and those units will be added to the WWII asset pack free, or that they will build more WWII units that will be free assets to DCS world.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

You'll know what assets are being released with the asset pack on launch closer to the end of May. Any that are not finished in time for the launch will follow later.

Also, you may find not all the stuff we're getting will be on the list they have given. There may be a few more surprise additions, who knows?

Ok, got that, but will the extra units be only added to the paid for asset pack or be free additions to base DCS? I guess I am just confused by the use of the word free in the statement: "The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions." when talking about a paid for dlc.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Why not just brand it as "WWII Combined Arms" and be done with it?

Because it isn't Combined Arms, it's AI units for the most part, but if you have Combined Arms then you can drive the ground units. Still can't fly the B-17 etc.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Because it isn't Combined Arms, it's AI units for the most part, but if you have Combined Arms then you can drive the ground units. Still can't fly the B-17 etc.

Seeing how my reply was deleted due to "repeating myself", I will not do the same mistake again.

Instead, can someone please clarify how adding new planes will work with the assets pack?

This is from the ED's reply on the YT:

WWII_assets.jpg

from one of the replies under trailer:

Clearly, this is more than just Combined Arms when they plan on including planes in future updates.

Does this mean the planes will be AI only or controllable when added? Or sold as separate new modules?

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Does this mean the planes will be AI only or controllable when added? Or sold as separate new modules?

AI only and they will work just like the rest of the Asset Pack. If you don't own them you don't play with them. You need to forget about the CA part. It has nothing to do with how the Asset Pack works.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: