VR Support?

Hey there!

Is there a way to improve the VR experience in FC3? The non FC3 modules all work well, but take for example the F-15C. Because your default position is so far forward (sitting on the front edge of your seat), your eyes are trying to focus on objects both right on your nose and far away, making it kinda hurt your eyes. The HUD is also kinda busted (it seems to exist on a different plane than the HUD normally would). lastly, the mirroring effect on the cockpit glass is horribly distracting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

What VR are you using? Rift, Vive, Google, Steam? What resolution are you using in game?

I have an Homido VR with Samsung Note 5 smartphone, I think the worst is the resolution and refresh rate, and indeed, the HUD reflection looks farther than the glass where is projected

The problem with the HUD distance is real, that have to be fixed by FD. But what you notice? bad resolution to the landscape in front of you?

Remember the CV1 have 2160 x 1200 resolution (90Hz refresh), so the DCS software have to split in two (side by side) the game resolution whatever you have in game and compress to the headset resolution, I think is better to reduce the resolution in game, to make the redering faster in your Headset.

hey bro, move your head around and hit "5" to recenter the VR middle point.

For me, on the eagle, I sit all the way back in my chair and hit 5, that way if I need a "zoom" function, I just move my head forward.

In fact, this procedure makes you feel snug as a bug in most of the NATO aircraft, the soviet aircraft are different, and the a-10.

you'll always feel like a child in the a-10s titanium bathtub, the mig 29s isn't too far off from that, you're well down into the fuselage, tho, i feel thats more of a migoyovich design decision based on the wing root and overall aircraft profile.

Something non-VR players should take into account in their advices, In my experience with a CV1, and a vive, NO ZOOM FEATURES WORK, in this game, or many others i've tested.

If it says "zoom" on it, unless it's a scope, don't even bind it, it won't work.

That coding for the combination zoom lens effect like in the real f35 in a virtual 6DOF, hasn't been modeled by anyone as far as i know, and If what I read is true, if anyone tries they might zero day your whole family lol

CV1 here and VR zoom works just fine.

From FC3 plane i find that SU-27 is best for VR. Default Seat/eye postion is great. A-10A and F-15C are not good , maybe ed will fix those someday. Its far from good now, No mater how i adjust it eye postion etc..

Su-27 is just... perfect :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CV1 here and VR zoom works just fine.

From FC3 plane i find that SU-27 is best for VR. Default Seat/eye postion is great. A-10A and F-15C are not good , maybe ed will fix those someday. Its far from good now, No mater how i adjust it eye postion etc..

Su-27 is just... perfect :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet you like the virtual pilot sitting in your SU-27 seat!