Real Spitfire engine sound

Hawkeye60

Hopefully they will be available one way or another. I would potentially pay for it, but I would need a more extensive preview. Been burned on this sort of thing before. But from what we saw/heard these sounds are incredible.

To have them gather dust on a harddrive seems a big waste.

In the mean time, there is diveplanes sound mod available at lockonfiles.

Both Spit and Mustang!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

In the mean time, there is diveplanes sound mod available at lockonfiles.

Both Spit and Mustang!

These Spit sounds are a big improvement, but as zionid said, there are some annoying sounds that could be dealt with. For instance, there's a sound at the back of the cockpit which is really weird, or the sounds heard when the canopy is open seems to come from a distance.

Then there's the overall issue of the disappearing sounds on the Spit. If one happens to have a B-17 taking off within hearing distance, the engine sounds of the Spit stop and the user has to switch views to hopefully get them back. So we're never sure we're hearing the whole orchestra.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR