Questions about RWR launch warning

Lymark

I've watched some videos and tested it myself for two hours, but I'm still very confused with the launch warning and I can't find any useful info in the manual.

So, I've no problem recognizing the constant beeping sound as me being locked, but there seems to be two different kinds of launch tone? One being the very obvious and tense tone, and the other with higher pitch and fast interval beeps. What determines which would be sounded?

Then to the RWR display itself, a launch symbol(diamond shape) sometimes have the aircraft type in it instead of 'M' as for missile, why is that? And there's also times where a solid line pointing towards the direction of launch.

Last question, where is the RWR volume knob? It's not in the volume control panel.

Thank you!

You have 3 launch sounds : 1 for ground missile, 1 for air missile, 1 for D2M launch detection.

M with diamond means active missile (fox3), M29, S27, F15... with diamond means semi-active missile (fox1).

The line is displayed when the D2M detects a missile, the D2M work like the A-10's MLWS.

The RWR volume knob is on the volume control panel, search for a switch with the DA label below it ;).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The volume controls are on the left side almost under your elbow (if you were actually sitting in the cockpit)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars