A Bearcat? WOOHOO!!!

Wow, can't wait to see this one done. One of my favorite WWII planes. Which one will it be, the -1 or the -2? I'm hoping the -2 cuz of the 20 mike mikes! Can I pre-purchase now?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

Word at the moment is we are going to be receiving the -2, but with travails that VEAO seem to be having with the P-40 I wouldn't expect the 'Cat for quite a while. The have another Spitefire in the works that has seen the digital light of day, which will likely come sometime after the Warhawk. Not to mention their jet project the Typhoon.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Wow, can't wait to see this one done. One of my favorite WWII planes. Which one will it be, the -1 or the -2? I'm hoping the -2 cuz of the 20 mike mikes! Can I pre-purchase now?

Can't name it a WWII plane. The first production aircraft was delivered in February 1945 and the first squadron, Fighter Squadron 19 (VF-19), was operational by 21 May 1945, but World War II was over before the aircraft saw combat service.

A plane that beat the crap out of anything prior to 1945, but still any scenario involving its participation is a "what if" thingie.

Fixed:

but still any scenario involving its participation IN WW2 is a "what if" thingie.

Bearcats may have been just barely too late for combat in WW2, but they were still designed, built, and delivered for and prior to the end of WW2. That the enemy gave up before they could get across the Pacific doesn't really make it not a WW2 aircraft.

But Bearcats most certainly saw combat during their service life. In the French Indochina War, France flew them in combat 1951-1954, which is the Korean War era. Vietnam inherited the surviving Bearcats after France withdrew.

The F8F and F4U-4 are really the same generation of aircraft (late WW2), the main difference being that the F4U-4 actually reached combat units prior to the end of WW2. But the F4U-4 really earned its reputation in Korea flying ground support missions nearly identical to the service the F8F provided in Indochina. They were really close rivals in performance much the same way as the F4U-1 and F6F were. Just a matter of luck/happenstance as to which ones were produced/employed faster and in greater numbers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can I pre-purchase now?

Careful what you wish for. People have prepurchased VEAO P-40 in 2015 and the plane still hasn't been released.

But if you have money to burn, you can send it to me. I promise I buy you a copy of VEAO bearcat as soon as it will be available. :P

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Here's another one that we don't need before a crap ton of others...

Your opinion bud :D

A lot more work goes on then we show on the forums anymore, the bearcat is modelled and ready for implementing the Efm and asm are rocking along nicely.

That said I'm not planning on showing any bearcat until P40 has left the stables :)

More news in our monthly updates!

Pman

Ps it's a -2!

Here's another one that we don't need before a crap ton of others...

I agree.

Bearcat is a fabulous aircraft, but for a sim ?

Doing meeting routines at Las Vegas perhaps.

An Hellcat would be much more interesting.

A lot more work goes on then we show on the forums anymore, the bearcat is modelled and ready for implementing the Efm and asm are rocking along nicely.

That said I'm not planning on showing any bearcat until P40 has left the stables :)

Pman

Ps it's a -2!

Woot! bring it! :):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Pman

Ps it's a -2!

Best approach, And another purchase.