Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Considering this is military and aviation - here's on of my vids of my holiday [Tour of Duty] in Iraq.

it is military and has a few pics of a heli... + its funny.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The first photo of the Russian plane of the fifth generation

attachment.php?attachmentid=31842&d=1254491070

Where does the airbase look to be located? I presume that you'd test any secret prototype in the middle of nowhere and there seem to be houses in the background. Also why no afterburner/thrust rings?

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

• ED Team
No room at drive-thru as Canadian Forces helicopter pilot stops for burgers:

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2061526

Quite funny as i saw once a Rescue Helicopter landing on a field next to a McDonalds here where i live. They guys went it, came out with food, started the helo and flew away :D

Yeah, shame that one was turned down in the competition for a new littoral warfare craft for the US Navy - that would have been a massive windfall for Kockums. :P (But, of course, it is highly debatable if you could make that one integrate with the world's largest blue-water navy... :P )

One hilarious comment I read in an article a long while ago mentioned that there had been criticism of the fact that it's a carbon fibre hull as opposed to stronger materials, which was feared to compromise survivability. The response from the swedish navy guy was "It's a 600 tonne ship. I don't care what material you build it in - if it's hit by an ASM it's over." :D

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

K32_hms_helsingborg_stockholm_2008-11-16.jpg

Backdropped by houses. Helps?

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The response from the swedish navy guy was "It's a 600 tonne ship. I don't care what material you build it in - if it's hit by an ASM it's over." :D

Very true :laugh:

Ouchies. topol do you have any pics with people in to give some sort of scale?

Here you go, mate:

visbyclass4.jpg

visbyclass3.jpg

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are those beautiful corvettes stealthy only by their shapes, or - like fighter planes - had coated in a sort of radar absorbing material? - The second case should involve a LOT of money though :)

They are designed to avoid radar detection, acoustic detection, infrared and visual detection. To reduce RCS they have shape with no right angles and as EtherealN said they use radar absorbing carbon fibre materials. The Visby’s hull material is thermo-insulating and exterior paint is selected for optimum heat insulation as well as camouflage.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are designed to avoid....visual detection....

Klingon Cloaking device? :P

I would have thought that once they're within Visual range they're gonna have a pretty hard time at Hidin' themselves :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I would have thought that once they're within Visual range they're gonna have a pretty hard time at Hidin' themselves :)

nahh, they just put there left hand closed over their head, and says: "Off-game" :music_whistling:

It`s just cammo commonly used in all sorts of military naval, ground or air vehicles making them more difficult to spot. You use the paint pattern on the ship to confuse optical range finding. The use of contrasting angular patterns is attended with depth perception and make it difficult to focus your rangefinder. At least in theory :D It`s not like i`m aiming at Visbys every day :laugh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sukhoj and Mig are taking part in LAVEX-2009. The event will last until 8 October. The two russian companies are exibiting Su-35, Mig-35, Su-30MK2 and Mig-29SMT.

LAVEX is the biggest military and civil aviation event in North Africa.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On "visual detection" I have seen some pretty neat camo systems used on the Stockholm class corvettes where you basically cannot see if unless you know it's there when you're walking by a couple hundred metres from them. Drawback of those are that they really are just very very well made camo nets, so you need to have terrain of the right kind to anchor by - and you can't move at the time. :P

I'm not sure if they've made a version for the Visby, but I'd suspect they would. Debatable exactly how useful this is, but it does improve the possibilities of hiding in a situation where the enemy has air superiority, at least.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester