Normandy Waypoints

FlyGuyF119

Gents,

I've tried entering the way-points via F10 map and they will not work. aka they do not line up what so ever to the actual input as they would in the other maps.

V/R,

Dave "FlyGuyF119"

AG-51

MSI 990FXA-GD65, AMD FX-8370 Eight Core, DDR3 16Gb Ram, MSI GTX 970, ACER S271HL, 1TB SSD, Flight Stick and Throttles X-65F

It isn't a bug - it is an operational issue: the Viggen was never exported, so the CK37 was never given changed programming that would allow for navigational parameters outside the Nordic area. The Prime Meridian runs through the Normandy map and the "01" can be 1 West or 1 East but the Viggen only ever was intended for Eastern Hemisphere operations.

Navigational issues on Normandy and NTTR are known to HB but a work around hasn't yet been introduced. Essentially it would require creating a fictional operation of the CK37 because there is no way to input West or East (+ or -) in.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

• 4 weeks later...

I am not a programmer, nor do I know coding (aside from it clearly being black magic). But if they were to get the NTTR map to work with 3 digits for the W numbers down to 2 (i.e. W 114 works as 14), maybe they could add a 9 to the first number in front of all the E figures in Normandy to denote it as E as opposed to W.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I am not a programmer, nor do I know coding (aside from it clearly being black magic). But if they were to get the NTTR map to work with 3 digits for the W numbers down to 2 (i.e. W 114 works as 14), maybe they could add a 9 to the first number in front of all the E figures in Normandy to denote it as E as opposed to W.

I don't think that the issue is one of not having a solution - its probably more a question of breaking the simulation "realism." Likewise, while it might seem simple on paper to say "just make this one change" the programming truth is much more complicated. Just remember in 1999 how difficult adding 2 digits to the year was.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming