Pilot Joystick vs RIO Radar stick. (Can they be one and the same)?

OnlyforDCS

A question for anyone at Heatblur, really appreciate it if you could answer this one! (I know you guys are in crunch time now, so I won't hold it against you if you don't)

When changing between seats (in multicrew or even singleplayer) will we be able to use the same controller to control the flight stick, as well as the RIO stick, or will they have to be two seperate

independent controllers?

I.E. Can we double bind our joystick and it's buttons for use in the front as well as in the back seat?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

You can always program your X-52 outside the game in the tool that comes with your flightstick. There are 3 different modes on it that allow you to program each button with 3 different commands. So you can program it with the commands you need for the pilot in mode 1 and for the RIO in mode 2 l. Then you can just switch between them when you need.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

@Timberwolf The answer to the question should come from the developer ;)

If not I marry with Saitek and everything is fine :smilewink:

Just thought i give him a workaround if Heatblure does not have time to answer or if the answer isn’t what he hopes :)

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

The pilot and the RIO have separate input entries, so it is possible (and default BTW) to have your X and Y axes assigned to the RIO's Hand Control Unit (HCU).

The same applies to any key, button or axis - you can assign a function for the pilot and another function for the RIO.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The pilot and the RIO have separate input entries, so it is possible (and default BTW) to have your X and Y axes assigned to the RIO's Hand Control Unit (HCU).

The same applies to any key, button or axis - you can assign a function for the pilot and another function for the RIO.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I presume the potential input axis and commands are finalized by now. Any chance of releasing these mappings before the module itself?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm sorry, but it's the opposite: they are still being tuned and added, and probably they will be tuned until the very last minute.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean the actual keyboard assignments, but the list of all available commands and axis mappings (i.e. the first row on the left side in the controls screen).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

So, pilot's stick won't be available when switching to RIO position or they will be synchronized with RIO stick?