3 Monitor angle setup

gizmo

Greetings to all,

I have a question which may differ from everyone's perspetive but would like to hear your thoughts and opinion. My question is... what is a good angle to turn your left and right monitor to have a decent or a good simming experience as far as the cockpit view goes? This thought has been on my mind now for a while but could not find the sweet spot. Would appreciate your inputs if you don't mind.

Thank you in advance

Regards unsure.png

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

I have mine set at 22.5° and love it. I basically am facing the corner with my middle display in front of me and the side displays mounted to the walls on either side. Hope this helps!

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com

• 5 months later...

Actually it depends where your head is while flying. Make each Monitor face you...that defines the best angle between them.

The left and right corner of the outer displays and your head should define your default FOV to set.

Greetings to all,

I have a question which may differ from everyone's perspetive but would like to hear your thoughts and opinion. My question is... what is a good angle to turn your left and right monitor to have a decent or a good simming experience as far as the cockpit view goes? This thought has been on my mind now for a while but could not find the sweet spot. Would appreciate your inputs if you don't mind.

Thank you in advance

Regards unsure.png

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

This was helpfully to me, some basic multi monitor fundamentals. It is not dcs, and dcs certainly doesn't provide the multi monitor support that this does, but should. I think that Ed seriously underestimates the volume of people out there using these monitor configs. Hope it helps.

• 5 weeks later...
... dcs certainly doesn't provide the multi monitor support that this does, but should. I think that Ed seriously underestimates the volume of people out there using these monitor configs.

Agree, I think DCS is wonderful, but multi-monitor support is not up to standard.

It's a bit strange that there's still no way to set the angles!???

F.i in this racing sim (Assetto Corsa) you can adjust the settings with an in-game app:

8500852440_697360673c_z.jpg

Such settings are necessary to set correct and realistic viewing perspectives for your screen size and viewing distance.

They have another app to set FOV, viewing angles, seat position, pitch (for each car).

I don't mind editing setup files in DCS, but even then it's not possible to set the correct perspectives for my triple 50" setup :(

Let's hope they will improve this...

i7-9700K, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti, Valve Index, SFX-100 motion

• 1 year later...
I don't mind editing setup files in DCS, but even then it's not possible to set the correct perspectives for my triple 50" setup :(

Let's hope they will improve this...

This is so true...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have 3 screens (Cheapo ACER 24") and I did absolutely nothing special to set them up and to me they look perfect. I have my resolution set to 5760x1080 and in the monitors tab, I have that set to 1 monitor! The 2 peripheral monitors are roughly 40 degs to the main monitor. This looks far superior to the 3 monitor option.

Give it a go and use your R/Sht+R/Ctrl+/ to fine tune depending on how close or far back you sit.

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Can someone please explain where exactly do i need to change view angel settings?

I have 17 portrait + 27 landscape + 17 portrait

1024+2560+1024

thanks

There is 2 types of multimonitor setup in DCS.

1 camera mode: single viewport, generates fisheye effect at high fov, not configurable (except if you use SoftTH but no sure it works with DCS as it is dx9 bsed IIRC).

3 camera mode: one viewport for each screen, you can change the angle of each lateral screen in relation to the central screen by changing the dx parameter.

You will find an example in file 3camera.lua.

Dx parameter is actually a ratio (of screen width), default value is 1, lower (ex: 0.9) will make viewports overlap a bit.

Left viewport has negative value, right positive.

I never tried it with 3 different resolutions for each viewport.

Hope this clarifies a bit...