Trimming the Ka-50

Acedy

I'm considering building a cyclic stick, rudders and collective controllers with cyclic and rudder having a physical trimmer as in real helicopters, with springs and magnetic brakes, etc. It wouldn't have FFB and in order to the physical trimming to work, the non-FFB trimming method should be disabled in BS. How do I do it? My aim is, that the trimmer button would affect only autopilot functioning in game as the trimming would happen in my controller. I have read earlier that connecting any FFB controller will disable non-FFB trimming but is there a cheaper way than buying some random FFB system? Is there any way to get such a system to work with BS or should I stick with my CH setup?

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find the right post yet.

Is it possible to detach rudder axis from the trimming thing?

Regards!!

The post was called how to use non FFB rudder pedals with FFB joystick or something like that.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Apologies if this has already been posted but I found this video a real eye opener to taming (trimming) this beast. (useful for newbs like me if you dont want to read hundreds of pages lol) :)

Excellent explanation.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• 6 months later...