Spring 2019 Sale is Live!

mehksauce

i was really dissapointed of how easy and braindead flying the ka-50 was.. i was hoping to have that same high learning curve as the huey..

Ka-50 Is highly automated and with a-p always on. It flies while you manage systems and weapons. That's the point of ka-50.

You have to learn how to use ka-50 and how to manage trimmer button in particular, otherwise you find yourself fighting the auto pilot. There are a lot of topics about this in ka-50 section. If you learn how to use It, It Is the easiest to fly within dcs helicopters.

Back on topic, maybe I'll take Persian Gulf map with easter sales and I'll wait for new planes for when the f-18 will be finished. I'll think about It...

Edited by nessuno0505

Really? I found the Ka-50 to be very hard to maneuver even with my rudder controller and with the autopilot turned on.

yea its pretty much just holding trimmer button while lining up to where you wana go.. after the heli is stable and on the right heading.. just release the trimmer button!

Of course I know that simply flying forward is easy. I actually meant that turning and maneuvering the Ka-50 during combat is pretty hard. Even when you were simply flying forward, it is still not that easy to stop and stabilize your helo within a short time in case you got an enemy ahead. And avoiding vortex ring states in certain situations makes it even harder.

@spring sale: Currently I have lots of planes to learn, so I was considering to buy something simple like Combined Arms, but at the moment lots of negative reviews are discouraging me. Same goes for the Normandy map.

Edited by Tiramisu

Of course I know that simply flying forward is easy. I actually meant that turning and maneuvering the Ka-50 during combat is pretty hard. Even when you were simply flying forward, it is still not that easy to stop and stabilize your helo within a short time in case you got an enemy ahead. And avoiding vortex ring states in certain situations makes it even harder.

@spring sale: Currently I have lots of planes to learn, so I was considering to buy something simple like Combined Arms, but at the moment lots of negative reviews are discouraging me. Same goes for the Normandy map.

the way i bring ka-50 to combat is by using its short range a2g missile ( forgot the name but its like the version of maverick ) at the maximum distance i can launch it.. i will never be up close to enemy ground target, unless i have cleared all its AAA/SAM...

so i dont really have a problem flying ka-50, i just hover behind trees,buildings while taking snap shots with my mavs ( can't recall the russian name for it lol )

Don't be scared off of the Normandy map. It's great! Take a look at some of the screens around. Sure, it doesn't perform as well as other maps, but it certainly manages completely playable frames with a moderate graphics card.

Definitely good stuff and well worth the investment.

Don't be scared off of the Normandy map. It's great! Take a look at some of the screens around. Sure, it doesn't perform as well as other maps, but it certainly manages completely playable frames with a moderate graphics card.

Definitely good stuff and well worth the investment.

i myself would of straight dived in ww2 era planes and Normandy instead of pg but im a mp guy myself and population wise, it doesnt look good

i feel like older era, such as war planes tend to be unpopular ( specially in mp ) is due to the lacking system of dcs current state in Spotting.. im sure alot of us have experienced this issue were, in cold war era server.. mig 21 vs f5s, were 95% of the time in a merge and a minute or two later, nothing happens because neither side could spot each other lol..

the way i bring ka-50 to combat is by using its short range a2g missile ( forgot the name but its like the version of maverick ) at the maximum distance i can launch it.. i will never be up close to enemy ground target, unless i have cleared all its AAA/SAM...

so i dont really have a problem flying ka-50, i just hover behind trees,buildings while taking snap shots with my mavs ( can't recall the russian name for it lol )

its vikhr.

That sounds to me like if you were only flying easy missions. I mean it would be almost like if someone complained about the F-14, just because he turned on the autopilot of the F-14 while killing all bandits with Phoenix missiles from a distance with ease. That would not be a fair criticism.

Don't be scared off of the Normandy map. It's great! Take a look at some of the screens around.

Some reviewers say that it only looks good from a low altitude. So probably I would only enjoy it in a Viggen or in a Helo, because I do not own WW2 aircraft. Btw. why are the WW2 planes as expensive as modern fighters? Aren't their systems muss less sophisticated?

Btw. why are the WW2 planes as expensive as modern fighters? Aren't their systems muss less sophisticated?

I think that might be due to the fact that modern, sophisticated, digital systems are actually much less work to simulate than old-timey mechanical stuff. Also both their engines and their flight dynamics are more complicated to simulate in comparison.

I think ww2 planes are easier to do and ED gains more revenue by selling them. This allows ED to have more resources to allocate for the development of more work intensive and difficult 4th gen planes. Nothing bad in this behaviour, there are people more involved in ww2 fighters than modern era jets.

Hmmm... or maybe it is because there are not many customers who have bought WW2 aircraft, so ED had to increase the price to quality ratio. Though I hope that Kang is right. It is hard to say, since I could not find much in depth WW2 content about DCS on youtube.

That sounds to me like if you were only flying easy missions. I mean it would be almost like if someone complained about the F-14, just because he turned on the autopilot of the F-14 while killing all bandits with Phoenix missiles from a distance with ease. That would not be a fair criticism.

i solely fly on mp servers, mainly pvp server in ddcs, and in buddyspike ( now that i look at it, i never fly single player mission unless its for tutorials lol ).. no one in their right mind would approach an active area littered with anti-air going balls deep in their ka-50 lol... i rather take the huey if thats the case

On the French website the springs sales news was release today :

"Vente de printemps de Pâques 2019 du 17 au 21 avril.

Nous ferons une réduction de 50% sur tous les produits ED, SAUF F-18 Hornet et la carte PG (de 25%).

Remises des autres développeurs:

Tous les produits tiers sont impliqués, SAUF:

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: Farmer MiG-19P

ET AUSSI:

DCS: Christen Eagle II à 25%

Campagne "The Enemy Within 3.0" de 25%

Sale Steam commence également."

Spring sale of Easter 2019 from April 17 to 21.

We will make a 50% discount on all ED products, EXCEPT F-18 Hornet and PG Card (25%).

Discounts from other developers:

All third party products are involved, EXCEPT:

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: Farmer MiG-19P

AND ALSO:

DCS: Christen Eagle II at 25%

Campaign "The Enemy Within 3.0" 25%

sale Steam also begins.