Air-to-air refueling

KillerSam

If you're able to get your flaps out you may be running it a little slow...

Yeah i was just trying a different approach to stabilise it better.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Woooooo attempted AAR today and successfully found the tanker AND refueled on my third attempt :smartass:

.... After killing two KC-135s :doh:

The THWH definitely helps, as does adding +12 curve on the X/Y axis.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread guys!

Now just gotta go and attempt it again and again and again and again then at night then some more...

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

• 6 months later...

What you're doing wrong was looking at that distance :)

As said above, it was removed because it isn't in the real aircraft. Refuel by matching the correct visual references alone, and nothing else.

I don't have a screenshot handy to help you with this unfortunately, but I'm sure someone here will be able to post a helping screenshot :)

PS: You're also in the wrong forum for this question.

Can someone help me, the HUD distance counter to tanker on upper-left doesn't show in my F-15. What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 5 years later...

Maple Flag training campaign has great AAR missions. Or if you just want a sandbox to play in, you can use the mission editor to create one.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Hello Everyone, where do you find the air to air refueling training or options in DCS for the A-10c?

The module doesn't come with any training mission for AAR, but you can make your own with the Mission editor.

Just spawn a KC135 at 240 knots (true speed, around 210 IAS at 12.000 ft) with a very long waypoint 1 and spawn your A10C at the point you want (for training only, just spawn 1 nm behind with the same speed, heading and altitude.

Set the radio frequency to one you can remember (default is 251) and you are set.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]