[REPORTED]black screen bug ONLY with M2KC

gavagai

I still get the blackscreen bug after changing control assignments, but ONLY with the Mirage. All the other modules are fine.

Yes, I know there is a workaround, but it would be nice if I didn't have to go through this with every patch.

Thank you.

-------------------

Ugh, workaround isn't working. I can't change my control assignments.:cry:

------------------

Ran a repair, it doesn't help. I still get a black screen any time I change a control assignment. I tried:

removing options.lua, doesn't help

removing my old control assignments and starting fresh, doesn't help

:helpsmilie:

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Same here

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same for me

For me the only way I can avoid this is to do the keybinding from the settings option on the first game load screen. If in game and try to do do it .... Black screen

Wow, for me it's the opposite. I finally figured out I could change the controls from the in-game esc menu.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team
00096.818 DEBUG LuaGUI: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1576: attempt to index local 'defaultCommand' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1576: in function 'getCommandAddedCombos_'

[string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1632: in function 'getKeyCommandDiff_'

[string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1651: in function 'getKeyDiffs_'

[string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1714: in function 'saveDeviceProfile'

[string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1836: in function 'saveChanges'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewControls.lua"]:82: in function 'save'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabsView.lua"]:152: in function 'onOptionsSaved'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Controller.lua"]:65: in function 'optionsSaved'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:147: in function 'saveChanges'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:99: in function 'onChange'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:311: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:306>

stack traceback:

thanks guys I will get this reported

EDIT REPORTED: #35712

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This looks like it is an ED bug. ED is reviewing the problem and will provide with a solution.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 5 weeks later...
I have exactly the same problem here. Do you know some workaround for this? I tried a removal of saved games\config\input\m2000c folder but the black screen is still appearing.

It seems like you can adjust controls in main menu OR in game but not both. I'm on Team In Game.

for me while in the cockpit, I clear all controls from joystick and keyboard ( set it to default) save and re assign them and it stops...until next update that may add new controls.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I had the same problem. Black screen after leaving options. But I just bought the mirage. I had not flown with it. After I flown it without changing anything in the options the problem was solved.

So for me: after new install first fly then change settings etc.

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

So is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I have this problem for a while now as well and it's kinda annoying to look at a black screen.

This is the reply that ED gave:

Please update folder Scripts/Input first and try again to reproduce this bug.
They could not reproduce the error.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Also This is new:

x8ii8Zr.png

Having the same issue by having black screen after I change any bind for Mirage.

I fixed it by putting an older default input file when I made the NVG Mod and it works okay now.

I think something is wrong with Mirage Input default.luas

EDIT: Nvm spoke to soon

Also @Zeus Note that Joystick bind "For Bomb Interval Increase/Decrease" are flipped they should work other way around (The right way)

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

• 1 month later...

This bug is still here (or has returned) with the 1.5.5 open beta.:badmood:

Wow, for me it's the opposite. I finally figured out I could change the controls from the in-game esc menu.

Same here. Blackscreen while in the Options from the main menue, but if I Change things out of the sim (playing > ESC) it's fine.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Folks. I tried, even ED has tried and cannot find the problem.

Will check again.

• 1 month later...

Status 1-JAN-2017: Still not solved

I find today that this nasty bug is still not solved. This is incredible!

I will abstain from flying the M2000C for the time being.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't have it anymore since some patches I think.

I have deleted all my controls saved in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\M-2000C and redone them in DCS.

I think the old default config files from DCS World folder conflicted with the savings in this other folder and problems occurred.

Give it a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Quick fix

For the assigning controls bug set-up the mirage in open beta and copy the config folder then delete the release config folder and paste the open beta config folder in release tried it today it worked :)

Edit: pretty sure you only need the input folder but still my release and OB are the same.

Edited by Coxy_99

I don't have it anymore since some patches I think.

I have deleted all my controls saved in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\M-2000C and redone them in DCS.

I think the old default config files from DCS World folder conflicted with the savings in this other folder and problems occurred.

Give it a try.

^^ this

+ DCS repair (just in case a mod is messing with the .lua)