Gazelle Skin Thread

Mt5_Roie

Home Fries, are you going to release this skin? Looks really good in that scheme.

Yes. I had hoped to release this by now, but I'm testing a new scheme for placing textures in common folders and applying the autoexec.cfg in an installer. I need to get some test information back first and it's been taking longer than I had hoped. If it works, I'll apply it across all of my skins which should cut down the hard drive footprint.

If I don't get the data in another week, I'll just release the skins the old fashioned way with the textures in the liveries folder.

Skin looks awesome !

Home Fries, are you going to release this skin? Looks really good in that scheme.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Yes. I had hoped to release this by now, but I'm testing a new scheme for placing textures in common folders and applying the autoexec.cfg in an installer. I need to get some test information back first and it's been taking longer than I had hoped. If it works, I'll apply it across all of my skins which should cut down the hard drive footprint.

If I don't get the data in another week, I'll just release the skins the old fashioned way with the textures in the liveries folder.

FYI, with the Mistral version coming in the next patch, I'll hold off on releasing the skin until I can incorporate all three versions. Hopefully, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days after the patch.

Just a teaser, but I was able to improve the skin and decided to make it a skin pack with 5 serial numbers. This way you can have unique aircraft for each slot. You still use the ME to assign the side numbers.

I also started work on the HMLA-169 Vipers skin pack. Here's a teaser (and you can also see some of the improvements here as well).

sa342%20hmla169%20co_zpsjxigcngr.jpg~original

Is there a trick to getting the skins working with the Gazelle? I was really looking forward to flying some of these around, but on the fictional US Marine skin is showing up, not even the other skins that ship with the install. All other skins on other planes work.

Is there a trick to getting the skins working with the Gazelle? I was really looking forward to flying some of these around, but on the fictional US Marine skin is showing up, not even the other skins that ship with the install. All other skins on other planes work.

Liveries are limited to specific countries (part of the config file that forms part of the livery), so you might need to change the country of the aircraft. France is probably a good place to start.

• Like 1

Can you add a Royal Marines Gazelle, all you have to do is edit the current British Army one with Royal Marines. They'er pretty much identical camo scheme.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A very nice skin ! I really like it. Good work.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys does anybody have a mod to put plain flight suits into the stock Gazelle skins. I want a plain OG flight suit for the British Army Gazelle skin. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hey guys, for some reason this template (Version 4.7) seems to be missing the rivets layer in Paint.net... Unsure why.. Here is what it looks like. I have all the proper PSD plugin and all other templates seem to work great

Anyone know what I am missing?

2016-11-03.png

Edited by Hook47

Hey guys, for some reason this template (Version 4.7) seems to be missing the rivets layer in Paint.net... Unsure why.. Here is what it looks like. I have all the proper PSD plugin and all other templates seem to work great

Anyone know what I am missing?

2016-11-03.png

You're most likely using a previous version of PS from which the the Template as been made/saved in. You might be getting a mesage like the one attached when opening the file. Meaning some effect in more recent version of PS might not comes out well in previous ones, for different reason, but mainly maybe some effect not available in previous ones. I had the same issue with the Gazelle templates because i'm only using CS 5.5 and it might had been made in CS6 or CC, since i didn't have acess to more recent PS back then, i had to get a bypass by using flattened layers to keep rivets and redo some selections because i was not able to recreate or find all the layers with the problem and i was scared to loose something. I'm sure you also might have not problem with the file « SA342_Camou_ADT_11 » since it seems not be using any layers effect new to latest PS or incompatible effect rendering from one or the other versions.

warning.jpg.0346d9faaee8e16201f75297c808b0c3.jpg

Edited by Doum76