KC-130 with both baskets extended before contact

McShetty

Hi. I call the tanker with intent to refuel 20-30 miles away and when I get there both baskets are extended already. I get in position and contact the tanker. With the Tomcat I felt the basket was not actually there since I couldn't plug but that might be just my poor flying. With the Harrier it still refueled as normal, the tanker called disconnect and neither basket retracted.

Not really a big deal since it still refueled but asking in case anybody has any ideas.

Had the same thing happen to me in the F14... Couldn't connect. But, I called "Ready Precontact", the tanker cleared me to contact and all was well.

I had a number of AI in the air at the same time. Not sure if that's relevant, but they are all set to refuel off the tanker when necessary.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

Noticed that lately myself. But this is not really something I hate. If you don't announce your intention to refuel, the baskets are retracted. I am not sure how realistic is that, but I like it more than before.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

I believe there is a significant bug with Refueling in MP. As the host of a multi-player session I see this all the time on my end "Host" only.

When we come to the tanker I already see the baskets extended before anyone has requested a connect. Again to be clear, I "the host" am the only one that sees this, clients see it correctly.

Once I receive the message from the tanker "Cleared Pre-contact" the clients see my basket extend and I can connect no problem. But until that happens I can't connect because the baskets aren't actually there. The clients on the other hand always seem to work fine in MP.

Can't speak for this in SP as I don't usually fly by myself.