VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

VR Voicom bad response

Hello to all,

has there been any solution or a final to the VOICOM VR Problem?? the wingman response is down to 2% if any!! im really losing interest to Voicom.

I have the Oculus Rift S

if any one could jsut dirrect me, id be more than greatfull!!!

thanks

I don't think that's a VAICOM issue. The ATC/Wingman stuff has been a little odd the last several months when they started working on the super carrier module. I know there used to be a lot more communication and now there's not.

Such as, when their rolling or wheels up or rejoin on take off. I don't get any of those messages any longer most of the time. And those have nothing to do with VAICOM as their unsolicited messages from the wingman. I miss that interaction too.

And VAICOM hasn't any special settings for VR as well.

Easy test. Look at the VA log. If the voice command is recognized, it's there. If it's not, it's MS Speech that doesn't recognize it. So then one should start testing.

I've also noticed a lot of strange comms behavior lately. When this happens, I usually try it with the menu, and what do you know. Doesn't work with it either...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hey Hollywood My F10 menu commands seem to be out of sync ie It gives the correct output in voice attack yet triggers the wrong F10 command in game. Is there some way to reset it? and get it back in sync. I should have mentioned this is on a MP server.
Have you tried with different MP servers?

Just had a blast on the new helicopter SAR server. No issues with the F10 menu for me.

I don't think that's a VAICOM issue. The ATC/Wingman stuff has been a little odd the last several months when they started working on the super carrier module. I know there used to be a lot more communication and now there's not.

Such as, when their rolling or wheels up or rejoin on take off. I don't get any of those messages any longer most of the time. And those have nothing to do with VAICOM as their unsolicited messages from the wingman. I miss that interaction too.

Sorry to contradict you, but the only time I do not receive AI replies (w/ or w/o VoiceAttack) is when I'm not on the right flight frequency. Starting with "Two, rolling" on the ground. Another cup of tee is however if you do not get replies after giving a command, this one is happening with me too, using VAICOM. No problem here too with VoiceAttack only, as there you go through the in game comms submenus yourself, not expecting VAICOM to find his way through them automatically. Just my 2 cent...

Sorry to contradict you, but the only time I do not receive AI replies (w/ or w/o VoiceAttack) is when I'm not on the right flight frequency. Starting with "Two, rolling" on the ground. Another cup of tee is however if you do not get replies after giving a command, this one is happening with me too, using VAICOM. No problem here too with VoiceAttack only, as there you go through the in game comms submenus yourself, not expecting VAICOM to find his way through them automatically. Just my 2 cent...

If it works in VA profile only, like going through the menu, and not in VAICOM. YOU MUST check the VA log, to see what happened to the command. The only time I don't get it to work with VAICOM is when the command is not understood. Weather it's due to me and my English accent or MS Speech being stoopid. That's why I've taken the time to really try to train MS Speech and added basically 2000+ words and phrases to the MS Speech Dictionary.

One of the best "tests" you can do is just having VA open and speaking commands. The top icon on the right over the headphones will change accordingly!

I've said it before and I have no problem repeating it. When you speak, VA passes the audio to MS Speech which tries to interpret it to text. It then passes the text to VA, which passes it to current profile, (which should be VAICOM). And if it fits the words in the keywords list in the VAICOM profile, then and only then, VAICOM will take action according to the command.

You are correct about frequencies. But lately I've had problems with wingmen. Even with the menu. It's like they haven't turned on their radio. I don't know if it is a module/mission or another issue. It's defiantly not VAICOM.

As for VAICOM and the menu. VAICOM doesn't use it at all. It directly talks with DCS through lua over TCP/IP. Thats why you can run it on another computer. VA can't do that.

Just to be clear. I ain't saying you could have problems with VAICOM for some reason, but it's pretty futile if the voice is misinterpreted by MS. So do yourself a favour when you have a problem. Look in the VA log. It will tell you. Even better. You say it works with a vanilla VA profile. Look in the log for the too when it works.

Cheers

Hey all, have a question, I don't know what happened to my VA but one day it was working and now not so much. I show no selected modules in the PTT. What would be reason for this? Last time I didn't have the path(s) set correctly to the bin folder, when I did it worked. Started the game today after a few days and nothing. Can anyone help?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

By "VA", you mean Voice Attack or VAICOM?

Custom path should be pointed to "root" folder of DCS. Weather stable or OB. Make sure to check the "OB" checkbox for Open Beta. Don't point it to any bin folder, unless I misunderstand what you mean.

I have a strong feeling this is an issue caused by DCS. VA responses perfectly to VAICOM. only when i run DCS in VR , the response drops almost to ZERO! not to mention the strange and almost suicidal behavior of the wingman even when receiving an order using the command menu.

I hope ED is aware of this, cause flying VR missions at the moment is more than frustrating.

Yeah! Those wingmen are a bunch of crazy buggers.

Okay, so this only happens in VR, and you can see the commands in the VA log?

But using the menu in VR works fine.

Do you have the sound cues enabled?

I have a feeling the commands might be delayed somewhere. It does happen sometimes that I say a command, get the beeps, but nothing happens, and I repeat. Suddenly it's like somebody opens a door and all the commands that have been qeued are now rushing through it and gets executed in a hurry.

Since VAICOM uses "the network" to communicate with DCS, could it be a delay there? Hmmmm

@Hollywood_315

I would love some sort of a "debug" window outside VA, or a plain old log I can look at in realtime to watch how VAICOM communicates with DCS. Could probably use Wireshark though...

I have the following issue with VAICOM.

I read a command, it's being recognised and the pilot reads it out loud. But instead of an audio response, I only get a written one. If I turn VAICOM off and operate through menus, both pilot and responding parties (ATC, tanker etc.) are audio-positive.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

How Reference Unlisted Tokens

With DCS running, upon launching VoiceAttack, the following information appears:

Nearest ATC: Tbilisi-Lochini.

Player Rebel entered module UH-1H Huey, unit callsign Uzi11

DCS mission | UH-1-IA-Free Flight

------------------------------------------

Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

I am already using the published tokens such as: {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name}

How can we access those items such as "Nearest ATC", "Player", etc.

These are not listed in the latest manual of March 2020.

Thanks.

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

With DCS running, upon launching VoiceAttack, the following information appears:

Nearest ATC: Tbilisi-Lochini.

Player Rebel entered module UH-1H Huey, unit callsign Uzi11

DCS mission | UH-1-IA-Free Flight

------------------------------------------

Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

I am already using the published tokens such as: {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name}

How can we access those items such as "Nearest ATC", "Player", etc.

These are not listed in the latest manual of March 2020.

Thanks.

What do you mean?

What are you trying to achieve?

Almost sounds like your "disable players voice" have been inverted. But you haven't selected that right? Also, have you turned on any redirection in VAICOM?

This is how my preferences look like. If if tick Disable Player Voice it disappears, but other voices won´t appear.

What do you mean by redirection?

vaicom.jpg.2487c7c44c6df5276f220cfb9e789f2f.jpg

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

On the audio tab. Seems like some has had some issues with it.

Ah, yes, that was it, sorted! Thank you for a rapid solution.

Still can't get VIACOM Pro to work in the stable version. Just tried in Beta which is basically bone stock and it worked. I did a repair on the stable version, just did the most recent updater and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on this? I'm racking my brains on this :(

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Still can't get VIACOM Pro to work in the stable version. Just tried in Beta which is basically bone stock and it worked. I did a repair on the stable version, just did the most recent updater and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on this? I'm racking my brains on this :(

From your previous post and the apparent lack of the active module name in the PTT tab, have you tried deleting the export.lua file from .../Saved Games/<DCS folder>/scripts and restarting DCS and Voice Attack?

Hey Hollywood! I'm getting this 'Execute plugin action blocked: Configuration' when I try the key combo to open the plugin. The command exists in the Vaicom profile, Keyboard is on...Help! lol. Im trying to ultimately enable AIRIO.

EDIT* In fact, VA wont allow any External plugin Execute commands to run?? Is it some windows permissions thing i wonder?

Many Thanks

MM

Edited by MonkeyMagic

I'm thinking of getting Viacom Pro and have a question.

Now when I press the radio switch the F key window opens up in the top left of the screen with Ex. F5 ATC, F6 Tanker.

Is it possible to have this displayed while using Viacom and not use the F keys to help learn the commands.

Hope I explained this Ok.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I'm thinking of getting Viacom Pro and have a question.

Now when I press the radio switch the F key window opens up in the top left of the screen with Ex. F5 ATC, F6 Tanker.

Is it possible to have this displayed while using Viacom and not use the F keys to help learn the commands.

Hope I explained this Ok.

Yes this is an option

OK thanks I'll be purchasing today need to get ready for the Supercarrier.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Hey Hollywood! I'm getting this 'Execute plugin action blocked: Configuration' when I try the key combo to open the plugin. The command exists in the Vaicom profile, Keyboard is on...Help! lol. Im trying to ultimately enable AIRIO.

EDIT* In fact, VA wont allow any External plugin Execute commands to run?? Is it some windows permissions thing i wonder?

Many Thanks

MM

Hi! Try to add voice command to open configuration window.

Another user was successful with it.