** DCS: F-14 Manual Early Access Release!! **

Cobra847

Is it possible that the manual will mention some switches/Gaugess/Positions that doesnt even exist in the Cockpit?

One example is thje G-Meter. It´s mentioned in the "Interior Inspection" (Page 343) Item No. 31.

I cant find the G-Meter in the Cockpit and it is also not represented in other Cockpit rerssources as well.

The G-Meter is top left of the main instrument panel IIRC.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

In the manual it's called Accelerometer.

Pilot cockpit overview Right knee panel (9).

(...)Instrument showing current aircraft g-load (acceleration along aircraft vertical axis). It’s graded in g from -5g to +10g. One pointer will show current g-load while the other two will indicate max reached negative and positive g-load. These can be reset by pushing the PUSH TO SET button on the lower left corner of the instrument. (...)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the manual it's called Accelerometer.

Pilot cockpit overview Right knee panel (9).

ah, thanks....I was looking for G-Meter and havent found it...by reading the gaugess individually I found it.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hi,

Regarding Computer Initial Point, it states:

The message (function) IP TO TGT on the CAP under the TAC DATA category is then used with the prefixes ALT, RNG and BRG to readout and set the following datapoints: * ALT - Sets altitude difference of the target relative the IP waypoint. * RNG - Sets range to target from the IP waypoint. * BRG - Sets the bearing to the target from the IP waypoint.

I can't find "IP TO TGT"! is there somthing am getting it wrong? I set IP on Mission Edition and I want to enter the ALT, RNG and BRG for my target.

thanks

Update: There is error in the manual, "IP TO TGT" is under SPL category not TAC DATA

Edited by Rabso

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Thanks! Yes, the IP TO TGT changed location, the manual will be updated to reflect this.

The liquid oxygen gauge isn't in yet, it will be added during EA.

It looks like other CAP options changed as well.... The 'MAND ATTK' Mandatory Attack, has disappeared completely? This would seem like a very useful option and I've already had need for it.

Will it return?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

- General Design and System Overview - LANTIRN, Operation: "As soon as another Q is slewed however.." - Should say 'selected'?

- General Design and System Overview - AN/ALR 67 RWR, Controls, NORM : "...loaded thread library" - Threat.

- General Design and System Overview - AN/ALE-39 Countermeasures Dispensing Set: "The launchers each has two section" - The launchers each have two sections? "...one type of cartridges" - cartridge.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Under AN/AWG-9 Weapon Control System (WCS) sub AN/AWG-9 Radar, sub Pulse doppler mode, there is an image, PD.PNG showing 7 contacts on the DDD with a table underneath it.

In hat table, numbers 1 and 7 are stated to have a Look Angle of 45 degrees, shouldn't this be 60 degrees?

Numbers 2 and 6 show 60 degrees but the DDD has them at 45 degrees.

Is this correct?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Never mind, was reading the old web manual.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 1 month later...

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/weapons.html#m-61-vulcan-six-barreled-gatling-cannon

In the section "Real-Time Gunsight (RTGS)" you can read:

In RTGS the WCS computes the bullet trajectory and displays the location the bullets will pass through at 1,000 and 2,000 feet, if no target data is available from the WCS. The diamond representing bullet location at 1,000 feet and the pipper representing the bullet location at 2,000 feet.
but in game it's the other way: crosshair represents 1000ft and diamond - 2000ft. Which is correct: manual or in-game?

Already mantioned by a few users:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4094852&postcount=10

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4107587&postcount=44

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4108009&postcount=53

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the input!

The manual is now updated, highlights are:

Updated CAP Matrix section: http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#id12

Added NAV GRID section: http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#navigation-command-and-control-grid-nav-grid

PDF will be updated further along to include this.

Awesome! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have the link to the updated pdf Manual? I wanted to print it out.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...

The manual at http://heatblur.se/F-14Manual/ is now updated as follows:

Added F-14A specs and DCS version differences to intro chapter.

Added F-14A-135-GR (Late) panels and warning lights to cockpit description.

Added TF-30 description to general chapter.

Added section about HB F-14 AIM-54 implementation to weapons chapter.

Additionally multiple errors were fixed in the whole manual.

Special thanks to you guys who helped out finding those!

The pdf version of the manual will be updated later on as the current build takes a lot of adjustment for it to turn out right.

Note: You might need to manually refresh the webpage to see new additions. Default keybind for Windows F5 or ctrl+F5.

Edited by Naquaii
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Changed DDD description under cockpit and general chapters as well as the AIM-54 description under the weapons chapter to reflect new missile ATC behavior.

@kotor633The manual is located as a pdf under the docs folder in dcs/mods/aircraft/f14.

It is not as current as the html version as the pdf build is quite a lot of work currently.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got my new machine.  Nice to max the graphics settings.  🙂

I tried the A out for the first time last week.  Launched from the cat and it immediately rolled right and into the drink.

Gotta be more careful, I guess.  Got spoiled by the B.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.