new mission: dynamic CSAR and Air Mobility mission for SP and MP

wolle

AEF observations of the July18 version.

After testing the exact version available in Wolle's post #123 and having no problems we decided to do some stress testing.

-We added "4 more Huey's for a total 8 heuy's, 2 A10c's and 3 F15's to the blue side and 1 su27 and 1 su33 to the red side. All flyable.

-The map setting was friendlies visible only.

-No external views.

-Network connection speed set to Lan.

Results

Most number of players on at one time was 10

About 20 people coming and going over the 4 hours

After 4 hours we had NO disconnects.

We named the A10c's as "Springfield ##" so they were able to call up the "request to-do list" and get lat/longs for tasking.

We did have 3 cases of pilots not getting in Huey's but they got in a different Huey so put that down to the DCS gremlins.

We had a great time and we will continue to add aircraft and objectives for balance and enjoyment.

The AEF would like to thank, Wolle and everyone one else, for their perseverance in solving the bugs.

Happy flying.

Fang.

Hi Fang,

Sounds exiting what you guys made out of this mission. One question: the Hueys must be easy prey for modern jets like the SU-27. Do you implement a "gentlemen's agreement" that Hueys are off limits, or is there a good strategy for Hueys to hide from the jets (like NOE flying)?

I will look into possible reasons why the troops didn't want to board some choppers, but only after 1.2.5 is out (since 1.2.5 might require some changes, or provide additional features). Anyway, I'll be out this week on a business trip.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manpads seem to keep the fast movers away close to the bases and the AI jets are still in too keep them busy. With a good balance the mission goes well.

Hi Fang,

Sounds exiting what you guys made out of this mission. One question: the Hueys must be easy prey for modern jets like the SU-27. Do you implement a "gentlemen's agreement" that Hueys are off limits, or is there a good strategy for Hueys to hide from the jets (like NOE flying)?

• 2 weeks later...

In SP mode I regularly get wacked by a Mig 23 when I'm hugging the dirt which doesn't seem realistic to me.

In a couple other missions I dropped off the requested reinforcements then I lifted off and hosed the heck out of the enemy infantry with the mini's. Then right after I head for base I get a message from the last of my guys saying they've been wiped out. Has happened a couple times and seems wrongly calculated.

Other then that, can't stop playing this mission. Really is quite dynamic.

This is really great and entertaining mission, but I'm experiencing very low framerate during it, less than 20 most of the time even if I'm running it offline. Is it caused by the scripting engine? :huh:

Most of other missions are runing at sufficient FPS around 30 and more.

My specs:

AMD PhenomII x4 955 @ 3,8GHz

4GB Ram

Sapphire AMD HD7870 OC edition

Edited by Suchacz

I popped my overall settings down to the default "Medium" which didn't hurt the overall visuals much and seems to be mostly "Ok" but still a bit choppy at times. Still usually very playable. I keep going back for "one more mission".

I usually run with Razer Game Booster

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
have you made any updates to this mission recently wolle?

I have completely redone the mission, can be downloaded here. I tested the new mission in 1.2.8 beta.

Feedback welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey im running this and having problems gttn the hang of navigating with adf and fm in the huey. If anyone could link me a step by step txt itd really help. Ive watched the youtube vids and they helped some but..

For example in this mission when pilots are downed and i put in their adf i get nothing. There is a signal close to their freq but not on it say they call 240 mhz the knob will be on what looks to be 250 and ill get a signal. The other weird thing is i flew one signal last night for a good 20 minutes and i still hadnt reached anything and quit udner the suspicion i was on a wild goose chase..

• 1 month later...

I fixed my adf problem. If ou take off from a farp it aeems your adf wont work rigt and also newbies to this designer note he lkes to have your real ball compass headg dofferent than the instruneents setting and you need to correct this. Die to the nature of mouselook when yoj look down at the adf frew knob and scale itll look always plus ten what your trying to set. So a downed pilot at adf 200khz you rotate knob to where it looks like its past 200 kz roughly on 210 you get the signal. This is bc your pov tho it honestly confised the heck outta me at first. So take off frm senaki fix your adf compass so its aligned with your backup ball compass and remember the pov advice and the mossion works grt for me.

• 2 years later...

I know it's been a few years, but would love to see this mission in v2.5!

Loved the randomness of it being different any time you played it.

Would it be possible to adapt this mission to the latest DCS version?

Thanks.

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• 1 month later...