AI NOE Flying

dresoccer4

hey all. quick question, say i want to set up some C-130's coming in low and hot. is there a minimum altitude above ground the AIs will maintain no matter what I assign their waypoint altitude to?

do i need to pay attention to ground elevation or can i just stick assigned altitude to 1 foot and let them worry about the technical low altitude flying?

any other tips or knowledge tidbits useful for getting the squad flowing as low as possible without running into a mountain?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Last time I tried that with a pair of AH-64s they crashed into the first available hill that was on their way. Also, when you try to assign AGL and not MSL the AI gives funny rodeo style flight path.

That was back in 2018, never tried that since.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Last time I tried that with a pair of AH-64s they crashed into the first available hill that was on their way. Also, when you try to assign AGL and not MSL the AI gives funny rodeo style flight path.

That was back in 2018, never tried that since.

well those are rotor birds you never can trust them :smilewink:

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

You can get them to fly pretty low over flat ground, but as others have mentioned, hills or obstacles aren't handled very well. I have set altitudes for helos below 500ft, but was in NTTR usually

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2