VR IMPROVEMENTS - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #91
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbattx View Post
there is no new VR tech “just around the corner”. if there was, everyone would be talking about it already.

if you are interested in VR, just pull the trigger and enjoy it. you can always sell it on ebay in two years when the new stuff comes out.
Foveated rendering is the most important development for VR performance and immersion.

Especially since it has already been announced, it would be a bad idea to buy a current gen display.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #92
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Foveated rendering is the most important development for VR performance and immersion.

Especially since it has already been announced, it would be a bad idea to buy a current gen display.
Unfortunately, they said the game developers need to code the game to use it. With that said, its going to be quite a long while until DCS can adapt it. So buying a current gen should be just fine.

Strike
C.O. VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #93
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post

Has anyone apart from HTC announced any headsets that support foveated rendering? In any case, the Vive Pro Eye is going to cost in excess of the Vive Pro when it is released later this year. Now, although I didn't mind paying £1299 for my Vive Pro kit, I doubt very much if many gamers will be OK with paying £1500(?) to play DCS.
Buying something like the Rift now for a few hundred seems like a no brainer, and as said before, sell it on eBay when something else better comes along.
Go for the now!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #94
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeeagle345 View Post
Unfortunately, they said the game developers need to code the game to use it. With that said, its going to be quite a long while until DCS can adapt it. So buying a current gen should be just fine.
Yeah, this was my logic when buying the Rift. I wanted something that was supported fairly well and had a good chance of working well out of the box, especially for my first VR. Yes, I could have gone for a VivePro or Oddesy+ but based on everything I read there seemed to more support for the Rift at this point in time. Plus my system is low end so pushing extra pixels seemed like a bad idea. I'll probably upgrade the rift at the end of the year if something seems like its worth it, currently the Oddesey+ seems to be best VR headset from a clarity/resolution/SDE standpoint which are the main things I'm looking for in DCS.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #95
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Yeah, this was my logic when buying the Rift. I wanted something that was supported fairly well and had a good chance of working well out of the box, especially for my first VR. Yes, I could have gone for a VivePro or Oddesy+ but based on everything I read there seemed to more support for the Rift at this point in time. Plus my system is low end so pushing extra pixels seemed like a bad idea. I'll probably upgrade the rift at the end of the year if something seems like its worth it, currently the Oddesey+ seems to be best VR headset from a clarity/resolution/SDE standpoint which are the main things I'm looking for in DCS.
All I can say is that I enjoyed my Rift when I had it, but the Vive Pro was definitely a step up in every way.
The price? Now that's another topic all together!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #96
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Yes , i am getting the Rift for same reasons .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #97
ram0506

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Has anyone apart from HTC announced any headsets that support foveated rendering?

Pimax 5K+ and 8K will have an eye tracking modul already presented at the CES 2019 and also the XTAL Gaming Edition should have eye tracking (but no exact news on that). Besides that, I am pretty sure, that all next gen headsets will provide that technique.
I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Last edited by ram0506; 01-11-2019 at 07:26 PM.
ram0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #98
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
All I can say is that I enjoyed my Rift when I had it, but the Vive Pro was definitely a step up in every way.
The price? Now that's another topic all together!
yeah, it you are just using DCS in VR, the Odyssey+ takes the cake over the Vive Pro / Odyssey. Other companies really need to adopt or come up with their own anti-SDE as there is just no going back after i switched.

Strike
C.O. VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #99
Zoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram0506 View Post
Pimax 5K+ and 8K will have an eye tracking modul already presented at the CES 2019 and also the XTAL Gaming Edition should have eye tracking (but no exact news on that). Besides that, I am pretty sure, that all next gen headsets will provide that technique.
There are a number of horror stories going around in relation to the quality of the Pimax products atm. Personally I would avoid, I feel they are just trying to exploit the stage before the big boys come back with the next gen and wipe them out. Best avoided I think.
Zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #100
dburne
Veteran

I am still hanging my hat on (and waiting) on Oculus.
Love my Rift as well as a lot of other VR games that have Touch support.

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w PS | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF Pro MCG Pro| EVGA DG 87 Case | Rift S
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr improvements