Autopilot question when switching seats

wowbagger

Is there a way to prevent the autopilot from taking control when switching to the left side position other than disabling autopilot altogether?

When I move to the left seat, my flight controls no longer affect the huey. If I switch back to the ride side pilot seat to make flight adjustments, and then switch again back to the left side, the AI has stowed the gunsight and I have to flip it down again everytime.

I know I must be missing something here.

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Go into the “Adjust Controls” page and run the the commands in question to check your key mappings.

EDIT: Missed that you’re in gunsight mode. See rge75 post.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

He only takes control if you use the gunsight, right? When I fly a GS, I always switch to the co-pilot before take off and I press alt-a (IIRR) to disable the autopilot. If you then switch to the pilot and back to the co-pilot, the autopilot remains disabled.

As for the gunsight, I'm working with voice attack there. So when I switch to pilot/co-pilot, I also send over the command for the gunsight.

Thanks Chic.

rge75, you are correct, it's only when I'm in copilot and have the gunsight down. Your post made me realize the best way is to just use my autopilot button to toggle control when using the copilot gunsight. It's only one more button press and works well enough to toggle control on/off from that position too. Thanks much for your help.

By the way, I really enjoy your helo videos - I watch them all the time. The cinematic ones are brilliant.

cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2