What block number is the DCS Viper based on?

Vampyr

ANG F-16C block 50 tape 4.2 anno 2007 is what I've seen around. That should narrow it down some more, although I'm not sure which sub-block the 4.2-tape points to.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Thanks, but I'm trying to figure out what "sub-block" our Viper belongs to, and if there are any differences between the sub-blocks.

As mentioned in the original post, I see that the Vipers are split into sub-blocks ranging from 50A to 50D. I'm not sure what the letters refer to.

I know it's a circa 2007 block 50 aircraft, but when I looked up serials for block 50 Vipers here, I see that there are "sub-blocks" ranging from block 50A to block 50D and possibly beyond.

Which one do we have in DCS? Is there a difference?

Sub block is one of the things the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) was trying to address for the USAF block 40/42/50 and 52. If your looking for specific serial number, al tho some differences exists, DCS F-16C would be one of these, circa 2007.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/view_airframes_byadvancedsearch/acshort/F-16/fy/0/plant/0/status/0/version/11579/program/0/airforce/11055/unit/0/deployment/0/displayteam/0/actype/F-16/startnum/1

Edit

Unless ED tell us they are modeling a specific serial number, we would never know the sub block, and on this particular instance, the sub block would be irrelevant.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

In addition,

If you look, the last F-16C delivered to the USAF was 01-7053. On the list I provided this aircraft is shown as a block 50 without sub-block.

So the aircraft contract was created in 2001 ( hence the serial number start with 01) it was finally delivered in 2005.

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/134773/air-force-receives-last-f-16/

So, four years after the contract was created it was delivered and our F-16C in DCS are circa 2007, meaning this aircraft would have undergone two years of service. In that time it could have been updated/upgraded further, so the sub-block wold be meaningless since we no longer know what is the aircraft configuration (meaning specific engine sub versions, cockpit arrangement, software, etc.)

For the sub-block to matter we would need ED to tell us the specific serial number they base the aircraft in and then we would need the specific history of that aircraft so we know what TCTO was completed when. We would also need to know what was every TCTO.

Because all of this, in my opinion, sub-block are inconsequential in this specific case.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Another question: what does the letter after the C mean? For example, I've seen some Vipers referred to as F-16CM and some as F-16CJ.

What do the letters M and J mean in this context?

And once again, which one do we have in DCS?

Another question: what does the letter after the C mean? For example, I've seen some Vipers referred to as F-16CM and some as F-16CJ.

What do the letters M and J mean in this context?

And once again, which one do we have in DCS?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3798164&postcount=361

To whom it may concern,