Users' best trim sliders in "Special" section?

The sliders in the "Special" section mystify me.

It's the same with checking the "Auto Rudder" or not.

I'd love the BF-109 to fly level at cruise with minimal stick input.

I've heard that setting all sliders to the right give maximum "help".

Still, with all dragged to the right, take-offs are a nightmare.

And in flight, the plane rolls all over the place.

I understand you have to have elevator trim set to full forward ie 2, to reasonably maintain level flight. I can't believe this is actually how pilots flew the plane - you're fighting the plane the whole time...

So, does anybody have values for the sliders that they find makes the plane less "work"?

Yes, I tried flying in Game flight mode but you can keep flying with a wing missing it turns out...

Edited by arcuspilot
Problem is solved

The sliders in the "Special" section mystify me.

It's the same with checking the "Auto Rudder" or not.

I'd love the BF-109 to fly level at cruise with minimal stick input.

I've heard that setting all sliders to the right give maximum "help".

Still, with all dragged to the right, take-offs are a nightmare.

And in flight, the plane rolls all over the place.

I understand you have to have elevator trim set to full forward ie 2, to reasonably maintain level flight. I can't believe this is actually how pilots flew the plane - you're fighting the plane the whole time...

So, does anybody have values for the sliders that they find makes the plane less "work"?

Yes, I tried flying in Game flight mode but you can keep flying with a wing missing it turns out...

i use aileron trim -27

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thanks very much, grafspee. How do you have the rudder check box and slider set?

rudder i keep 0 i use rudder pedals so i have no problem with crusing.

bf-109 has limited elevator trim so at high power setting, stick input is required to fly level, 1.1ata is power setting where trim can maintain level flight everything above it plane will pitch up even with trim nose down at max.

Remember to set trim full nose down before t/o other wise at high power and low airspeed bf109 will pitch up very hard

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Awesome, graspee!

I have rudder pedals too and found that when I unchecked the "auto rudder" box I could use the rudder to make lateral corrections too. I also tweaked the rudder axis so that it's now far less sensitive and has a larger dead zone.

The plane's now much nicer to fly - I actually enjoy it!

Thanks again, mate.