[RESOLVED] CTD with 2.5.4.29004

jalexb88

While the recent update fixed my CTD issues for the most part I got a CTD today during a quick mission I made (single player). The CTD happened right when I saw a missile hit me. This is version 2.5.4.29004 and I included the log.

dcs.zip

Edited by IronMike

Having the same issues. Created a mission with no hostile aircraft. Flys well for several minutes, but seems to freeze and crash to desktop during certain high G maneuvers. I attached the log. I've had many of these CTDs recently, and upon checking the log every time it seems to be triggered by a sound error apparently. But I'm no computer programmer.

I really love the F-14, it's so awesome, but lately it's been really hard to enjoy with all the CTDs lately.

dcs.zip

Any new on this? Why is there no hotfix for days? It´s CTD all the time...isolated to the tomcat.

Last I read, they had fixed this round of CTDing and sent the fix to ED. So I think we are just waiting on ED to push out the next hotfix / update.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thx for reply. Opend a thread for ED asking why they delay fixes on purpouse although day are available for days. If a developer like hb is working hard on fixing issues fast then ED has some work to do in their update policy.

Thx for reply. Opend a thread for ED asking why they delay fixes on purpouse although day are available for days. If a developer like hb is working hard on fixing issues fast then ED has some work to do in their update policy.

The update was just pushed this morning. Go update.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I get CTDs too...every time i do maneuvers with afterburner...i will attach my log as attachment.

Hoping for a short term fix.

2019-04-01 17:04:05.877 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16778242:aircrafts\engines\f110afterburnerrearclose): gain

Looks like the culprit?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

The CTD’s I posted earlier seemed to occur if I did a fast over-g of the aircraft. Yank back fast and hard on the stick, CTD. The crash logs have a LOT of sound errors at the moment of crash.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

No logs come up, otherwise I would have.

Like Strikeeagle345 said, you can find the DCS log in:

C:\Users\"your username here"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

This works with DCS crashing to the Desktop, most of the times, without starting the tool to gather all the information needed for sending a bug report.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings