Thrustmaster rudder pedals default to hard-right rudder

I bought a Thrustmaster T16000M joystick/throttle/rudder combination recently. After doing some reading here and elsewhere, I immediately upgraded to the Warthog joystick and throttle, but I still have the pedals.

When I let go of the pedals, the rudder goes hard-right. I can apply left rudder, but again, when I let go, the rudder doesn't center, it goes all the way to the right. I have the T.RJ12 USB Adapter Calibration Tool from Thrustmaster. This utility allows me to adjust the pedals so that a vertical bar is halfway between top and bottom. Then you can click on Set Center, and you're asked to disconnect the pedals from USB and then reconnect in order to save the settings.

But when I go into DCS, the throttle is always at hard-right again. Has anyone else had similar issues with TM pedals? Am I misunderstanding what to do with the calibration utility? Is there something in DCS settings that can help? The Axis Fine Tune feature doesn't seem to have anything that would help recenter the pedals.

Any help would be appreciated--I think I've destroyed about $400M worth of aircraft trying to get these things to work. Thanks.

After do the calibration process, open Games Controlers (type in Start/Cortana box joy.cpl) select the pedal click properties and do the test.

Here the pedal should be centered, if not something is wrong with calibration process or in pedal hardware.

Ir test is OK is matter of assignment in DCS controls, probable you have another axis assigned for rudder to, could be in throttle or virtual axis of TARGET - if you are using this thing. Clear axes assignments and do again.

BTW - Don't do the Windows Games Controllers calibration, but only with the tools from Thrustmaster.

Thanks very much. I think I have something workable now. My problem was with understanding the calibration tool. I had thought I was supposed to center the pedals and then mark that position as the center. But as it turns out, I needed to move the pedals to the full right rudder position, and while holding that, mark it as the center, disconnect from USB, then reconnect. After I did that, I ran joy.cpl, and the rudder stayed centered. Thank you again for your help.