ED found solution to New Carrier Module for MP

pimp

it's the internet, so ... no

If there was something to apologize for, then yes. But seeing that it was this fervor of a response that served as the cattle prod necessary to get ED to fix an obvious issue. The community used its voice to vehemently push for a result that would prevent the fragmenting of an already small group. Had they not raised their voice, ED would have more than likely gone with Plan A, most of which people here seem to be thankful that they aren't. A simple "thanks "might be in order but I don't see why an apology is at all required.

Edit: Nospin44 beat me to it

Edited by Thump

Hopefully everyone who was bashing ED about the initial annoucement will apologize.

Not really bashing, I was quite happy to support the module, But excluding others from MP servers that cant afford or not interested is un-fair, And i certainly wouldnt give ED money for that to happen, So no apologies here.

• ED Team
Not really bashing, I was quite happy to support the module, But excluding others from MP servers that cant afford or not interested is un-fair, And i certainly wouldnt give ED money for that to happen, So no apologies here.

Nobody needs to give an apology that gave mature and constructive feedback, and I don't expect an apology from anyone else.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
People that had a voice about this are the ones you can thank for the change even happening. You keep waiting for that apology though.

Thank you ED for listening to the community.

I believe he is talking about those that took it over the edge, the only ones that deserve any thanks are those that remained calm, constructive and mature.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My solution is non owners got booted from the game when trying to land on the carrier and taken to the E-shop, but it never gained traction :)

HAHAHA I like it

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I was hesitant about buying the new carrier before this decision was made. I wanted it, but was going to talk with my wallet to try and drive what I consider the right decision.

Now that this decision has been made, I'm getting it on day one. I hope that everyone who had similar thoughts and concerns will be buying the module for two reasons:

1) more owners can use it in SP testing and MP mission editing, so we will see it in most servers - more immersion, more fun.

2) success of this module will entice more similar decisions when it comes to producing desirable content that must be marketable while still maintaining a healthy multiplayer environment.

I bet most think the solution means they'll be able to use it in some way, too. There may be a shock if it turns out the solution just greys it out for them, like planes do.

Glad to see ED figured something out, or at least has a plan for it.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

to me it does not matter how they will solve it, the only important thing is that everybody can join the server and if we need two carriers sailing alongside each other, than that is perfectly fine to me.

Thank you ED for listening to the community

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Kudos to the development team for supporting the community and ensuring that the multiplayer environment doesn’t get more fractured.

Much respect for not digging in your heels over this issue.

This module will now be a day 1 purchase for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC @ 4.2GHz) | MSI B450 Tomahawk | 32GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3200 | MSI Duke RTX 2080ti | 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SSD | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Track IR 5 | HP Reverb | TM Warthog HOTAS (with Delta Sim Slew Mod) | TM F/A 18 Stick | TM TPR Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | Jetseat FSE | Windows 10 Pro

DCS Modules: CA | FC3 | F-86 | UH-1 | Spitfire | P-51D | BF 109K-4 | F-5E | F-14 | F/A-18C | Normandy | Nevada | Persian Gulf

People that had a voice about this are the ones you can thank for the change even happening. You keep waiting for that apology though.

Thank you ED for listening to the community.

There's having a voice, and then there's shouting into a megaphone. The last thread on this subject had people getting so upset they had to be banned because they couldn't post without typing something inappropriate.

That kind of juvenile nonsense is what makes people turned off towards the community. IMO even more so then ED's initial server management choice on the subject. But whatever; everyone should be happy now, and you have the developers to thank for both listening to the community's concern...and for deciding to update the carriers in the first place. :) Not going to give anyone on that last thread or on hoggit a penny of credit for anything.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

OMG lets all have a nice big Group HUG!!!

LOL...

It still makes no difference to me if I get it or not..

I get whatever I want.. and I'll more than likely be standing in the Que with a large number of the community.

Until than I'll just have to be happy with the Static Crew and Deck equipment.. LOL but who knows the Carrier might be released before I get home.. I've away working since FEB... and still have a few more months to go..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Well now I feel obligated to buy more modules. ;)

In all seriousness ED, thanks for listening, it goes a long way.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

There was no release date so there is no delay.

As we all know, it will be released in Two Weeks™ by the power of Soon™ anyway.

My solution is non owners got booted from the game when trying to land on the carrier and taken to the E-shop, but it never gained traction smile.gif

Just let the Air Boss do some advertising with some Top Gun quotes dealwithit.png

But I somehow like that general idea twilightsmile.png

As I was late to the show, here's the idea I had and PM'd to NineLine, since noone else proposed it like this (although some were close):

My idea would be not to restrict joining a server with the module in use, but to handle users without the module differently so they'd basically be very limited in possibilities to use the CV. As it would technically be hard to solve in a way like "you just can't see that thing, it isn't there for you" or similar approaches, I'd take the way and let everyone on the server see the CVs in their full visual glory regardless of whether they've bought the module or not, including the deck crew doing their jobs, mules driving around and such. But they should not be able to take control of any slot of the CV module, of course {neither the slots of the planes spawning on it}. And, when trying to communicate with the CV, they should be limited to some of the comms, basically the CV not allowing them to enter their vicinity (e.g. "Sorry, the pattern is full!"). And if they'd do nevertheless, they should get some telling-off from the Air Boss ("I want some butts, I want them now!"), especially if they disobey and land on the CV deck anyway which should not be restricted technically by any means like "auto bolter if you don't have the module" {as it would be unrealistic}. And in that very case of the non-owner landing on the CV, the crew should still react and interact with him at the lowest level. So no LSO interaction since you didn't get a permission in the first place, and the deck crew just guiding you off to a parking slot. Then they should completely refuse to refuel, rearm or repair your plane as well as letting you taxi to a cat or even hooking you up if you just try to do so without permission. Basically, without owning the module, you should still be able to land on it, but with some "nice" words from their crew and the fact that your "session" literally ends there and you have to pick a new plane from the role selection menu (or try to take off again without the cat if you dare and have enough fuel to get somewhere else...). This might even have some advertising effect on the people who might want to get the full experience, driving them to buying the module if they might not have planned it before. And you wouldn't exclude users from a server that runs it. Their solution to provide CV ops for all then must be placing the Stennis we have now as well as the full module CV, but that should be the least of a problem IMHO. By the way, the Air Boss doing some telling-off should be part of the module anyway in case you don't do your parts of the comms and just try to land anyway, disobeying their orders and patterns, so this wouldn't be any extra work done for the ones who wouldn't get the module.

@NineLine: I hope it's OK to quote this from my PM. If not, feel free to remove this part from my post.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the module, no matter how this will be solved eventually as I'm gonna buy it anyway. I'm just glad that others won't have a reason not to buy it because of some exclusion issues we were afraid of, so everyone will be able to enjoy it regardless of whether their buddies have it or not fsgrin.png

OMG lets all have a nice big Group HUG!!!

OK, you asked for it, can't resist... rdlaugh.png

9eq7tlra.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Kudos to the development team for supporting the community and ensuring that the multiplayer environment doesn’t get more fractured.

Much respect for not digging in your heels over this issue.

This module will now be a day 1 purchase for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

The perfect solution for me would be that if I own the carrier module, every carrier I see is replaced by the DLC one. It can stay the old stennis for everyone who did not buy it.

That way there would be no need to change existing mission and I vould always land on the nicely crowded carrier.

I dont believe this will really happen, but one shall be allowed to dream

The perfect solution for me would be that if I own the carrier module, every carrier I see is replaced by the DLC one. It can stay the old stennis for everyone who did not buy it.

That way there would be no need to change existing mission and I vould always land on the nicely crowded carrier.

I dont believe this will really happen, but one shall be allowed to dream

That would simply not work.

Imagine in multiplayer. You request landing and the game has to work out whether to give priority to you, on the new carrier, or another player, who can only see the old one.

I'd expect it to be MUCH easier for the new carrier to exist as a new unit, and have it simply deny landing rights, or start rights to player who don't own it.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I like the new plan. Happy with the Stennis and now I don't have to buy the new carrier, save some $$$.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

In my view...it's a simple solution:

Owners can do all at carrier DLC...Non owners if approach less than 1NM and below 500FT of the carrier DLC, they get a popup message to buy it or in 5 seconds will be kicked from the server if don't leave the area.

Simple solution in my perspective. :)

In my view...it's a simple solution:

Owners can do all at carrier DLC...Non owners if approach less than 1NM and below 500FT of the carrier DLC, they get a popup message to buy it or in 5 seconds will be kicked from the server if don't leave the area.

Simple solution in my perspective. :)

Not sure if the default "kicking" people is a viable option in a PvP server. They need to be able to defend the ship. It is also a strong handed way to force people to buying a product they may not want (i.e. no interest in Naval Aviation). And I'm sure the carrier would appreciate those with Eagles providing air cover without the enemy entrapping them in a boot from the server.

Not sure if the default "kicking" people is a viable option in a PvP server. They need to be able to defend the ship. It is also a strong handed way to force people to buying a product they may not want (i.e. no interest in Naval Aviation). And I'm sure the carrier would appreciate those with Eagles providing air cover without the enemy entrapping them in a boot from the server.

I prefer sinking carrier rather then players rolling over deck team, cause they don't see them. This will kill the mood for me for sure. So, no "free" players around the deck. Already thinking about script.

This time community messed up, blinded by "paywall", et cetĕra...