UH-60L

After many years of developing things for almost every simulator, I decided to start developing for DCS.

Everything began many years ago with simple rescue sceneries for helicopters in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. Followed by the FSX, I built the first complex 3D models for different sceneries. About three years ago I switched to X-Plane and everything changed. Developing and integration of sceneries became easier and with the help of different plugins the sceneries became more realistic. Soon I realised many projects. Many updates of airports in Germany were done and also the payware scenery for the Rhine-Main area, which is still in progress. Flying a helicopter in X-Plane became a great experience - It was not only mindless pulling of the stick, it became a challenge. Wrong iputs were punished with a crash. Precision and fine motor skills were needed. In this time a thought, that there will be no better helicopter simulator. After I finished developing my first little airplane, the JU-52, and had made a name on myself for developing realistic flight dynamics - I started to look for new challenges. The support for many different helicopter projects was only one part then.

About a month ago I decided to to announce myself as a developer. After that point you find me as Sierra-Mike-Simulations. Sierra Mike are the last two letters of the ID of a helicopter that inspires me from the earliest age. The EC-135 D-HZSM of the BMI in Germany, flying as the rescue helicopter "Christoph 2" in Frankfurt/Main. I associate many memories and experiences with this machine. It was the first helicopter I touched and sat inside - I even bunk school when they landed in the vicinity.

Beside the development there is a virtual airline which accompanies me. This VA is engaged with the virtual depiction of the worldwide air rescue. There are many like-minded people and fans of air rescue to e.g. fly a mission after the end of a work day. You always feel welcome there. This virtual airline was overrun from a new wave some weeks ago - A DCS wave. DSC was considered to be a military simulation and seemed to be impractical. For one thing because the main goal was killing not saving and for another thing, the simulation is not really based on the real world, what is a basic requirement. However some "frolic around" in DCS was allowed and soon we recognized the suitability for multiplayer of the sim. We also realised that the Kaukasus map depicts a a part of the real world. After that we started with a test run and integrated a new system: The system of the "Combat Search and Rescue - CSAR". In the beginning I tested the simulator reluctant, but as I powered up the Mil Mi 8 for the first time (Yes, I used the autostart :P) I was overwhelmed!

The Mil Mi 8 gave me directly the feeling: "If you make a mistake, you are dead before you get airborne". The depth of realism of the systems convinced me, as well as the flight dynamics when I first lifted off. I had the same feeling, when I switched over to X-Plane in the past. The feeling of realism. Meanwhile I own every helicopter module and I became a enthusiastical CSAR pilot.

Nevertheless there was one problem. When you hear the word CSAR, you immediately think of a specific helicopter. The Blackhawk. Also known from the "Inside Combat Rescue" documentation. With the Mil Mi 8 and the Huey we found a good way to depict the CSAR, but we knew that something is missing. After I tried out DCS with VR for the first time, I determinded myself to fill this "gap". As a absolute rookie in this sector, I know how hard it is and how hard it will be - however, with the contact to other publishers and the DCS-community and through the help they offered me, I decided to start the project and to stay the course.

In this way I will announce the Blackhawk UH-60L and show some first pictures of the outside model. In advance I have to tell you that I really love this helicopter. Of course I would like to offer you all options: the armed version, the equipment for aerial refueling etc. etc. I'm not starting at 0 - but maybe at 15. Because of that I will put all my energy in a simple version with a analouge cockpit. Currently I don't dare to do a digital cockpit. But don't worry - It will come as an update, but now I will first gain some experience and fill this gap.

snfbsdhbsghm.jpg.58342bfdb5bf88bb387cbfdf007d3635.jpg

bndsnfd.jpg.e8dce062c664b5a680e667fa5e059527.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sierra-Mike-Simulations

www.facebook.com/dhzsm

Belive me... if you finnally got into the task, you will have many many customers. (me included). BUT, now a question.

Do you wasnt to be a third party?? or just a "mod" to fly something with a nice 3D helicopter?? There are lots of CSAR missions in the squadrons...

I ll follow your work! and I hope the best!

i want to be a third party developer, but in this moment i have to prove myself, that im able for this birdy. So it will be a third party module in the fututre :)

Good luck to you, we desperatelywant this in dcs ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Good luck with your project. I flew the UH-60A in the 80's and 90's and would absolutely love to get back into the cockpit of a Blackhawk again. Having an all analog cockpit would be like home to me because that's what I remember...maybe your next project can be the AH-1 Cobra...hint hint...:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

Good luck with your project. I flew the UH-60A in the 80's and 90's and would absolutely love to get back into the cockpit of a Blackhawk again. Having an all analog cockpit would be like home to me because that's what I remember...maybe your next project can be the AH-1 Cobra...hint hint...:)

Do you have pictures of the bird? At the moment i polish the 3D Model and need good pictures :)

Sierra-Mike-Simulations

www.facebook.com/dhzsm

When I hear CSAR I actually think of Pave Low and the rescue of Scott O'Grady.....

That said, as my virtual squadrons head CSAR guy I welcome anything that flies faster than a Huey!! Listen, both this helicopter and the one I mentioned above would be welcome, but out of the two I really think not having a Blackhawk is tough. I understand devs are busy with stuff, I just think this I one helicopter making and worth spending time and my money on!

~Rob

Edited by Robert31178

When I hear CSAR I actually think of Pave Low and the rescue of Scott O'Grady.....

That said, as my virtual squadrons head CSAR guy I welcome anything that flies faster than a Huey!! Listen, both this helicopter and the one I mentioned above would be welcome, but out of the two I really think not having a Blackhawk is tough. I understand devs are busy with stuff, I just think this I one helicopter making and worth spending time and my money on!

~Rob

The AF Pavelows didnt rescue Scott O'Grady, a USMC TRAP package did.

The long story short, our AFSOC rescue force works at night as its typically more of a covert operation. O'Grady had been on the ground for 6 days and was beginning to freak out, nearly demanding extraction. Instead of waiting on night to fall, the theater commander (a USMC general) made the call to send in the Marines. The rest is public about how the helos came under fire and nearly got shwacked.

Capt O'Grady himself made a ton of mistakes that should have got him killed. He truly was a lucky man.

I understand that and maybe should have worded it better.....here we go......

"When I think CSAR I think of Pave Low, and also of the rescue of Scott O'Grady"

Better now? Seems like folks sit in here and wait to hop all over people for the tiniest of errors, intentional or not. Long and short of it is the CH-53 platform is what I think if when I hear CSAR for a variety of reasons - Eagle Claw, Son Tay (HH-3), etc. I've always thought the -53 was just amazing, and I realize it has done more as a heavy log heli, but when I was a kid it just struck me as a sweet as heck rescue bird.

Also, so as to reiterate me not hijacking a thread, I think the Blackhawk has more of a place here with our upcoming naval stuff, the modern battlefield, he'll even the 90's battlefield, just makes more sense to have the most used helicopter in the US inventory post Huey. As much as I love, and would prefer to have, the Super Stallion platform I do think the Blackhawk is the helicopter most missing on the T&L side.

Edited by Robert31178

Good luck, and thank you for starting this project :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

• 5 weeks later...