Two monitor question

franx

Guys, please see the attached lua file. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have a two monitor set up: center 3840x2160 and another on the right, 1680x1050

2Cameras.lua

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

I'm not an expert, just comparing it to mine. So the following may help

1) Need a space after "MFCD" and the "=" signs

2) My two last lines are the other way round

3) I don't have the aspect lines in the MFCD parts

4) Did you add up your resolution and enter it into the in game settings? (yours should be 5520x2160)

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2 Screen');
Description = 'Configuration with 2 monitors each with its own camera'
Viewports = 
{
    Center = 
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 3840;
         height = 2160;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.77777778;
    }
 }

Left_MCFD = 
    {
         x = 4018;
         y = 97;
         width = 375;
         height = 478;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
    }

Right_MCFD = 
    {
         x = 4482;
         y = 97;
         width = 375;
         height = 478;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
}

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center
UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Settings

dcs.thumb.jpg.679cacda64dc9fe3501ceb637662d931.jpg

Also, your

_ = function(p) return p; end;

has two spaces between the _ and the =

It should be one.

Also in the following section, you're missing a comma and have too many brackets. So the following

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777778;

}

}

should look like

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777778;

},

Notice the comman at the end and the removal of the bracket. The bracket needs to go at the very bottom.

So you need to add commas after each Center/L/RMFCD bracket.

It helps to use Notepad++ or Ultraedit editors. They can detect mismatched brackets. See image below. The grey (not the red arrow) tells you which bracket matches with what.

pkI2Siu.jpg

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks guys. I’m using Notepad ++ and trying to copy and adapt from other monitor setups but having trouble with the precision programming. This should help.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

OK, this still isn't working, and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any ideas?? See attached revised .lua file.

2Cameras.lua

OK, this still isn't working, and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any ideas?? See attached revised .lua file.

Typo in the following line. Missing I in GUI.

GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Also, it helps if you tells us if you *can't* seen you setup option in the game (almost always a typo config error) or if the monitors don't look right (needs tweaking)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thanks hsb. Yes I can see my set up option in the game. The main monitor looks good but the second monitor is just black.

Thanks hsb. Yes I can see my set up option in the game. The main monitor looks good but the second monitor is just black.

You monitor resolution in game has to be the total of both monitors. So you have to include the sum of the width and the max of the horizontal of the two monitors combined.

So if you have a 3440 x 1440 and a 1920x1080 *side by side*

Your in game resolution has to be [(3440+1920) x (1440)]

If you have them on top of each other, it's the reverse

[(3440) x (1440+1080)]

That's probably what's wrong with your setup. Again, it depends on how you have them setup in Windows. You can see my old setup here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Yes my monitors are side by side and my resolution calculation has been done correctly. Main monitor on the left, smaller monitor to the right.

Yes my monitors are side by side and my resolution calculation has been done correctly. Main monitor on the left, smaller monitor to the right.

lined up or down?

############## #########

############## #########

############## #########

##############

OR

##############

############## #########

############## #########

############## #########

Edited by Mapi

Second monitor was in the middle. Should I reset to up or down?

Yes, because it's hard to get the XY coordinates if you second monitor is in the middle. It can be done, but why go through the pain of figuring out the Y coordinate? Again, if you refer to my link, you will see EVERYTHING you need to do in a step by step fashion.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

OK, that did it. THANK YOU A MILLION hsb and Mapi. Now I just bneed to integrate my post screwup knowledge with my Helios profile. ;(