Hornet in VR - How's the performance?

TerminatorLips

Hi guys!

How's the Performance in VR? I have the Mirage 2000, A10C, Ka 50, Bf-109 and the Tomcat. They all run really smooth in VR expect the Tomcat. So how does the Hornet Perform?

Greetings

EDIT: Really sorry - its the russian forum

Edited by TerminatorLips

Better than Tomcat, closer to the a10.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Better than Tomcat (in which I feel I have to turn off mirrors and not use the nose-mounted camera).

The Hornet performs well with mirrors and the DDI Maverick video.

The question is: what are you doing without the Hornet?!

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

It’s outstanding, I can run with 4xmsaa and still maintain 45fps with the hornet. It’s butter smooth. Unfortunately I find the f14 and viggen the worst performers in VR. Really hope the VR improvement solves this issue for me.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys!

How's the Performance in VR? I have the Mirage 2000, A10C, Ka 50, Bf-109 and the Tomcat. They all run really smooth in VR expect the Tomcat. So how does the Hornet Perform?

Greetings

EDIT: Really sorry - its the russian forum

Hey, I know this is a bit off topic but if you're having problems with the Tomcat in VR, then try this mod: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303917/

Unfortunately its not IC compatible yet until HB sort out the custom cockpit stuff but it makes a huge difference to my F-14 performance in VR.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.