Excessive HUD and Instruments glare?

Breakshot

@ SinusoidDelta:

The "missing texture" is on the part just below the HUD glass and above the HUD controls (Su-33).

CzRmYd0.jpg

----

Those devices circled in your picture are called скаб (SKAB). They're used in combination with the helmet mounted sight.

There's no missing texture but a simple depiction of the mirrors.

They should be constantly rotating (and are animated in the modelviewer). It's part of the HUD unit (ILS-31). They're a little more detailed in the recent MiG-29 cockpit (and not animated in the modelviewer).

(I posted a quick info about that a while ago)

I hope our lovely Flanker cockpit will be updated as soon as possible.

I'm sure we'll have to be patient though. ED has to update many models and textures to use the PBR.

(The L-39 cockpit is beautifully rendered in 2.1, so I really hope the Flankers cockpits will reach the same visual quality)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks for the clarification and information Bourrinopathe. You can see how little stick time I have in the Flanker. Learn something new every day :book:

I also hope the FC3 jets get some PBR treatment. I'd love to have a proper P-42 or Streak Eagle in all its bare titanium reflecting glory.

I'll go back and check the textures out. It appears I incorrectly edited one or more trying to soften the reflections.

• 1 month later...
meant to comment on this earlier. I totally agree the reflections could be improved. I think it's just a matter of

For a long time I was using c@sper's HD F-15 Cockpit. At some point the glass reflections on the gauges became so over bearing I had to stop using it. I don't have photoshop and at the time I didn't know a .dds plugin / previewer called normalmap existed for GIMP 2.8.

Any changes I made here were a complete shot in the dark. I've read a lot more about texturing dds but still don't fully understand it. :dontgetit:

I'm still experimenting with how alpha layers work with rgb maps work with in general and DCS specifically.

Maybe some more people with knowledge of texturing can chime in?

This is a great mod but it no longer works in 1.5.7 unfortunately:noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I might work if you deploy these files in the correct structure in the saved games folder. Should be same for all aircraft, but don't quote me on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda