UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Hello folks.

Not been temp-banned again. As intimated above, real life does take precedence. It's pointless to attempt to provide you guys with long-term service unless there's a solid backing.

Normal service will resume within/around a month, assuming they can plumb the proper internet wires by that point.

:)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed MFCD - and am not getting any results.

- first I enabled KA50 screens - after reading the OP it seems those screens are not supported in DCS 1.5 right?

- I tried A10 LMFCD and RMFCD screens and it crashes on opening the mission.

I looked in my saved-folder/Scripts and there's no export.lua file there - shouldn't there be one.

Looks like once you close the program by clicking in the X - it doesn't shut download. Multiple instances can be created.

Some docs how how to install and it going would be helpful.

It's currently awaiting an update. Once it comes out the stars will align.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

He is however still active on Twitter or so it seems, It looks like he is still having internet install problems or to be more exact the lack of install problem.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks all.

The first order of business is to fix two major bugs that were introduced with the move to DX11:

1) Displays frequently messed up on screen resolutions other than 1920x1080.

2) Intermittent/permanent fullscreen/unmovable displays.

Some people have been reporting a crash on start, although I'm not presently getting that on this end. If this affects you, please send a diagnostics package.

--Baker

I have a quick question and Im not sure if this pertains to this thread, but I have been unable to get an answer. Is it possible to export, say, the left mfcd twice? Meaning that it would be exported in 2 different locations whether it be using ULTRAMFCD or using the normal export monitor options?

Been trying to hunt for an answer and I can't seem to get it to work. If I add another line in the monitor config it just makes the first mfcd blank and exports to the second.

I have a quick question and Im not sure if this pertains to this thread, but I have been unable to get an answer. Is it possible to export, say, the left mfcd twice? Meaning that it would be exported in 2 different locations whether it be using ULTRAMFCD or using the normal export monitor options?

Been trying to hunt for an answer and I can't seem to get it to work. If I add another line in the monitor config it just makes the first mfcd blank and exports to the second.

That could be done with a minor (few lines of code) modification to uMFCD, yes.

Thanks all.

2) Intermittent/permanent fullscreen/unmovable displays.

Just made a breakthrough and fix with regards to this bug. How? Changed to testing methodology to one where I fly in to the middle of a full-on battle where EVERYTHING is shooting at EVERYTHING, which show up behaviours in DCS's rendering engine that aren't evident when you're merely flying around calmly. Durr, Baker, Durr!

uMFCDfullbattlefix.jpg

That could be done with a minor (few lines of code) modification to uMFCD, yes.

Would be amazing if this addition was even on the table for possible adding!

Also, let me know if you need any guinea pigs for testing and of your fixes. Im currently running helios, but am always open to other things.

Would be amazing if this addition was even on the table for possible adding!

Also, let me know if you need any guinea pigs for testing and of your fixes. Im currently running helios, but am always open to other things.

While the current UI is coded such that you only get one instance of any given display, everything beneath the clicky-boxes level doesn't care whether you have one or one-hundred of any given display on screen. Would also help free up some space in uMFCD's small screen footprint, given that you no longer need a checkbox for every display in every aircraft - think of it as a plus/minus dialog that allows you to choose only the ones you need.

I'll probably schedule this, prospectively, along with sorting out the keyboard/joystick/mouse binding effort, which is also a 95% UI-fixing effort.

As always, guinea pigs are welcome... providing you don't mind the occasional electric shock. ;)

--Baker

While the current UI is coded such that you only get one instance of any given display, everything beneath the clicky-boxes level doesn't care whether you have one or one-hundred of any given display on screen. Would also help free up some space in uMFCD's small screen footprint, given that you no longer need a checkbox for every display in every aircraft - think of it as a plus/minus dialog that allows you to choose only the ones you need.

I'll probably schedule this, prospectively, along with sorting out the keyboard/joystick/mouse binding effort, which is also a 95% UI-fixing effort.

As always, guinea pigs are welcome... providing you don't mind the occasional electric shock. ;)

--Baker

Feel free to message me if you need any testing or anything at all. Glad to have you back on the scene.