Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Don't think it was noticed, so i m gonna repost

In the mission "Sail ahoy" blue awacs lands some 30 min before mission restart. I'd assume runs out of fuel

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

• ED Translators
Hello Cold War server administrator, I have a dcs player friend from China who was not very clear about the rules while playing on the Cold War server.He couldn't come to the forum to apologize because he couldn't get a robot to verify in China.His id is flanker不会飞 and his English is very poor. He attacked the untaken aircraft on the main airport and was blocked by the server. He felt very guilty and apologized for his behavior, hoping to get forgiveness and to be unsealed to join the DCS cold war server again. :哭:

It is commendable that he is sorry. But if his English is very poor how he can understand mission briefings in future and rules in different missions? They are all written in English. If he won;t understand objective how he is going to participate?

AKA LazzySeal

It is commendable that he is sorry. But if his English is very poor how he can understand mission briefings in future and rules in different missions? They are all written in English. If he won;t understand objective how he is going to participate?

He just likes the combat of the second generation aircraft, and it is enough for him to obey the guidance of the early warning system and destroy the enemy. He actually did not understand the specific campaign objectives. . . Just fly the plane and shoot down the enemy

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C,F/A-18C, MiG-21 Bis, AV-8B N/A, SU27,AJS37,Ka-50, Combined Arms

Can you all back off, please? It's not a public debate and the user got in touch with me via pm already. TAHT'S IT! Which is why stuff like that should never be handled openly in the thread. Be sensible, people.

I saw enough tacview material regarding the banned user of him taking off and attacking the very airbase he took off from. No need for any language in the world to know behaviour like that will get you in trouble.

CASE CLOSED!!!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

ended

Then end this way. It is recommended that the banned person make an announcement next time to prevent everyone from doing this and the evidence will not be found. But you are the one who opened the server, and naturally have the right to decide who is playing on your server, so I can’t say anything.

By the way, Flanker emphasized that he never maliciously killed his teammates, and he made a sincere apology for attacking the enemy main airfield.

1780878503_FM0H(L6TYDUR4E7TKBQ6.png.1aab7d70a0802b5484e7b166d88a6acf.png

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C,F/A-18C, MiG-21 Bis, AV-8B N/A, SU27,AJS37,Ka-50, Combined Arms

Server News:

- EWR's positioned at new locations in some missions.

- The bug in the mission Whispers & Whistles (offline since June.2019) is persistent. Rework of the mission has started.

- Advanced options of all Garrison units adjusted.

- All ships' routes have been reassigned.

- AWACS in the mission Sail Ahoy! fixed.

- Some KUB and Hawk sites in some missions have been relocated.

- A new mission in the Persian Gulf is undergoing some final tests before it makes it to the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

今天我游玩冷战服务器的时候被一个玩家斥责了。他说我在选mig21之前使用双方的jtac.但是我只是想了解一下双方机场的位置,我感到非常难受因为我对于简报内容不是很清楚,只能选择jtac看一下地图来。我对此表示抱歉,可以在简报上面发几张双方的势力图吗,帮助玩家们理解作战目标,老实说全部都是密密麻麻的文字实在很难理解。

Today I was reprimanded by a player while playing the Cold War server. He said that I used jtac on both sides before choosing mig21. But I just want to know the location of the airports on both sides. I feel very uncomfortable because I am not very clear about the content of the briefing and I can only choose jtac to see the map. I apologize for this. Can you post a few spurs on both sides of the briefing to help the players understand their combat objectives? To be honest, all the dense text is really difficult to understand.

Modules:

You shouldn't check out the enemy's ground units through his JTAC! If he's trying to sneak around or planning something you'd easily find out about it and go for it once you change coalitions again. Very unfair. Isn't that obvious?! Or do I have to write a book full of all possible scenarios that players might come up with to maintain a fair game?! I thought it was obvious that such behaviour is somehow cheating. What's next? We go to one side, listen in on SRS and find out what they're going to attack or do next, then change sides again and react to that? And if someone does this and I kick him out for it, he'd then tell me that no such rule is written somewhere and as such I was unfair to him?

When the obvious ain't obvious any more...

You don't look into the other player's cards to tell them you just wanted to check out something. For whatever reason. And when they teach you that specific card game, they surely don't tell you that checking out the other player's cards ain't allowed. It's just that obvious.

Check out the F-10 map. Click on any airbase and it will tell you friendly or neutral. The enemy airbases are simply unclickable. You can see the bullseye. There is always something to read in the briefing. And some players just get on comms and ask other players what is needed to help the team. And if a human GCI is online he'll let you know what is needed.

I believe all that should help.

EDIT:

Remember, folks! At the end of the day we all want to have fun. So don't make it harder than what it is already with lots of things going on in the server and issues to tend to. Spare me these matters, pretty please.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• ED Translators
What's next? We go to one side, listen in on SRS and find out what they're going to attack or do next, then change sides again and react to that?

People already do that tbh. They don't change side but they just check who is streaming their gameplay on other side and listening all chatter on stream, I won;t say who are those people who do that, they know by themselves ;) (probably they think no one knew that, but oh well).

When people don't want to play sim but just have their toxicity or hate or trolling out, we have circus instead of sim PvP and yes if you want to prevent that you would need to think about every exploit to an extent, it is tedious work :noexpression:

AKA LazzySeal

Great battle on the Fight Island tonight!

Both teams did great, and it was really even.

I’m wishing for more single objective missions like this one. It becomes heated, and all units are forced to coop. CAP/CAS has never been more important than now.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators

LOiUoPK.png

Left side - RB-24J (Viggen AIM-9P3)

Right side - AIM-9X (from F/A-18C)

No further questions I think (on second test had even 18.9G instantly from RB-24J on moment of ignition).. :lol:

Edited by P61

AKA LazzySeal

LOiUoPK.png

Left side - RB-24J (Viggen AIM-9P3)

Right side - AIM-9X (from F/A-18C)

No further questions I think (on second test had even 18.9G instantly from RB-24J on moment of ignition).. :lol:

Report this to the ED. If this report betweeen the lines is meant for alpenwolf to retune again missions, than take my advice: you must adapt to a game. Cause we all know that it is never ending story things are not right and will never be. So, you can enjoy the game like the majority, or don't :) . Take it or leave it. Life goes on anyway.

People already do that tbh. They don't change side but they just check who is streaming their gameplay on other side and listening all chatter on stream, I won;t say who are those people who do that, they know by themselves ;) (probably they think no one knew that, but oh well).

When people don't want to play sim but just have their toxicity or hate or trolling out, we have circus instead of sim PvP and yes if you want to prevent that you would need to think about every exploit to an extent, it is tedious work :noexpression:

Missions should include script of demanding choosing side, like on some other servers. After side is choosen, you can not switch it until next mission. That's it.

• ED Translators
Report this to the ED. If this report betweeen the lines is meant for alpenwolf to retune again missions, than take my advice: you must adapt to a game. Cause we all know that it is never ending story things are not right and will never be. So, you can enjoy the game like the majority, or don't :) . Take it or leave it. Life goes on anyway.

Since you are feeling free to order me what to do. I feel free to at least ask you to answer some questions first.

Certain crowd goes in and ask for something to be changed.

In lieu of that match-up that was on a certain server for a long time is changed.

Changes done without verifying data from sim. No one moved a finger or checked facts before doing something, and facts are DCS is not accurate in these old weapons to real life. And this is what people generally getting out of sight.

Matchup we get now:

F-5 vs MiG-21

A-10A vs Su-25A

And..

AJS37 vs. MiG-19P

and these above are not even proportions, these are matched up by their role, except last ones right? Everyone agreed to adhere to gameplay rather than to historical accuracy. So for sake of gameplay decision was made to go for rear aspect missiles.

We get certain crowd using only airframes with those missiles and many other questionable characteristics who are feeling free here to tell others what to do and using populism in general instead of presenting data or facts from stats.

Currently you are telling me to forget gameplay sake decision and adhere to unfair conditions because you want it, also you assuming I want something...

My question will be why you don't want to take factual data and check it thoroughly?

Why don't you speak for yourself, and not for "majority", which I not so sure enjoying it?

Also why won't you stop telling me what to do, pretty please? ;)

If life goes anyway why do you even care about all of this here?

I didn't want to write all of this until I saw this arrogance (telling me what to do), which I'm frankly fed up with. I'll take you seriously if you go fly other side for a month and then tell us how people there enjoying this circus of exploits. (Oh wait circus will disappear if it will just move to other side)

You telling me take it or leave it. Why everyone should adjust to you? Just because your fun is more important than anyone else's ?

You know what I enjoy? I was enjoying seeing =RAF= (Russian Air Force squad) flying F-5 in 4 ship and seeing how they train their tactics and even using Shaw's book for general tactics as their textbook. I was enjoying getting fair and square fights with them or even alongside them and other F-5 guys.

And now you telling me no action in flight after takeoff in 10-15 minutes is bullshit and boring, you telling me what I should do like you are my manager or my father or something.

How about you justify your words by something apart from pushing people around here? Show me data, stats or at least some cohesive propositions. If you are interested what I think about it you can ask me instead of ordering me around.

Everyone should adapt, except you it seems ;)

PS Oh And I didn't even show R-13M1 data (spoiler alerts R-13M1 is worse than R-3S :megalol: and R-3S has 500 KPH slower speed than 24J and don't turn from rail instantly 18 G and can pull 6 G less).

Edited by P61

AKA LazzySeal

Wasn't it only recently that some Sabre slots were removed to provide more AJS-37 slots, because "nobody flies the Sabre" and blue "needs more strikers"? I think it was that day or the one after that I first played Fight Island, and noticed while checking Tacview afterwards just how many of those "strikers" were striking... didn't take long before red had more than twice as many units on the ground, and we didn't exactly have many strike sorties running either.

It's one thing to acknowledge that the sim is flawed. For the longest time I didn't worry too much about the Viggen's ability to fly without wings because the MiG could do it too (though at least the MiG couldn't fire missiles in that state). It's another entirely to expect accommodation for one side while telling the other to suck it up because it's only a game, and everyone needs to adjust to what the flavour of the week module is.

Incidentally, the Viggen (despite issues) was fine with the all-aspect setup. Its problems were balanced out by the wider envelope for engagement. Unfortunately, that environment made life a bit unpleasant for the F-5s having to deal with MiGs, and reduced most fights to a jousting match to see who got tone first, or who flared early enough. Personally I like flying the Viggen and I'd rather keep it around, but when it suddenly replaced the F-5 as primary fighter and ground targets perfect for its capabilities are being ignored or left for A-10s or even F-5s, it makes me scratch my head and wonder.

Edited by rossmum

Since you are feeling free to order me what to do. I feel free to at least ask you to answer some questions first.

Certain crowd goes in and ask for something to be changed.

In lieu of that match-up that was on a certain server for a long time is changed.

Changes done without verifying data from sim. No one moved a finger or checked facts before doing something, and facts are DCS is not accurate in these old weapons to real life. And this is what people generally getting out of sight.

Matchup we get now:

F-5 vs MiG-21

A-10A vs Su-25A

And..

AJS37 vs. MiG-19P

and these above are not even proportions, these are matched up by their role, except last ones right? Everyone agreed to adhere to gameplay rather than to historical accuracy. So for sake of gameplay decision was made to go for rear aspect missiles.

We get certain crowd using only airframes with those missiles and many other questionable characteristics who are feeling free here to tell others what to do and using populism in general instead of presenting data or facts from stats.

Currently you are telling me to forget gameplay sake decision and adhere to unfair conditions because you want it, also you assuming I want something...

My question will be why you don't want to take factual data and check it thoroughly?

Why don't you speak for yourself, and not for "majority", which I not so sure enjoying it?

Also why won't you stop telling me what to do, pretty please? ;)

If life goes anyway why do you even care about all of this here?

I didn't want to write all of this until I saw this arrogance (telling me what to do), which I'm frankly fed up with. I'll take you seriously if you go fly other side for a month and then tell us how people there enjoying this circus of exploits.

You telling me take it or leave it. Why everyone should adjust to you? Just because your fun is more important than anyone else's ?

You know what I enjoy? I was enjoying seeing =RAF= (Russian Air Force squad) flying F-5 in 4 ship and seeing how they train their tactics and even using Shaw's book for general tactics as their textbook. I was enjoying getting fair and square fights with them or even alongside them and other F-5 guys.

And now you telling me no action in flight after takeoff in 10-15 minutes is bullshit and boring, you telling me what I should do like you are my manager or my father or something.

How about you justify your words by something apart from pushing people around here? Show me data, stats or at least some cohesive propositions. If you are interested what I think about it you can ask me instead of ordering me around.

Everyone should adapt, except you it seems ;)

PS Oh And I didn't even show R-13M1 data (spoiler alerts R-13M1 is worse than R-3S :megalol: and R-3S has 500 KPH slower speed than 24J and don't turn from rail instantly 18 G and can pull 6 G less).

You don't get it. You are exposing much of stuff that is not like in real life. Ok, that's cool but what are we, as a players should do with that information? Please explain that to me, what should I do? I will listen to your advice :). Btw, have you report that to ED?

P.S.: I had adapted to long flights, if you would check some tacview you would see I've spent alot of time in huey just to kill at least one red ;)

P.P.S.: c'mon, it is just a ****ing game

• ED Translators
You don't get it. You are exposing much of stuff that is not like in real life. Ok, that's cool but what are we, as a players should do with that information? Please explain that to me, what should I do? I will listen to your advice :). Btw, have you report that to ED?

P.S.: I had adapted to long flights, if you would check some tacview you would see I've spent alot of time in huey just to kill at least one red ;)

That is a better approach to a discussion in my opinion, as a player you can do whatever you want with it, use it to update your knowledge for instance. Or to understand how it affects gameplay.

I do not have a lot of free time otherwise I would do such analysis instantly when I see things brewing. So sometime when I have insomnia I do things like that or like fixing shit like EWR etc.

This is just my first step in something I wanted to do for some time already, and it is important information for understanding why gameplay is shaping in a certain way.

Basically this demonstrates how rear aspect change looks like from performance data point of view.

I don't like to run my mouth before I will look at data and think about it more. But I certainly can outline how this affect things, and what I would do with it, a bit later when I have time if you want.

In short what I can see now is that missile is over-performing all analogs available on current server setup by a considerable margin. Which was actually surprise for me. I was expecting it to not adhere to analogs but not to such extent so it would pull similar numbers to AIM-9X.

How you feel about it? You don't care? What if it would be other way around? RB-24J would be like R-13M1 and R-13M1 would pull 20 G out of rail like R-73? Oh wait, you already was on other side and probably felt that things are not easy there? I'm genuinely interested why you are not seeing obvious thing here.

P.P.S.: c'mon, it is just a ****ing game

I approach it from process and gameplay optimization point of view.

There is a difference between certain games for instance like ARMA and CS GO, or War Thunder and DCS. And difference between people. If you are not capable to wear other man's shoes, why you asking others to wear yours?

PS this is weekend, ED has weekends too. I can't report it to non working ED right now. But I will pass it where I can.

PPS This is not ED missile so report should not be to ED I think.

AKA LazzySeal

And so it begins, as Alpenwolf predicted. A long line of complains.. and we are most likely have another complains wave coming when the Syrian map arrives :/

Seriously, I’m speaking on my own behalf. I have taken out the 19/21 a few times during the last few weeks just to compare, and I must say there is a ton of unnecessary chatter.

All the planes have their ideal tactics.. USE THEM! I see a ton of aviators out there flying the 21 like it would be a F16, they loose speed, stability and then complains that the plane is unstable etc. Do your homework and make it work. Missiles wont catch up or maneuver from slow speed for example.

The 19 is really the best turner out there and you can easily get behind a Viggen or F5 and gun them down with those powerful cannons. Even the missiles work:

No one has mentioned that the F5 only brings 2 missiles to the fight.. and everyone are somehow ok with that? How is that for equal terms, when the 21 can bring 6. But wait, then it is too many missiles suddenly?.. get my point.

The 21, just like the 37 (viggen), has a faulty damage model. I have seen them both being hit with 2-3 air to air missiles and kept on flying. This is an ED’s/Module designers issues, and we can only hope this will be sorted out asap. This is the reason why I’m brining the gun pods on the 37 to the fight. They work better than the missiles.

Can we please stop this nonsense, and enjoy the Stimulator for what it is.

Have a great weekend, and I will see you up there!

[DEVILS] NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We had a really nice and even fight for hours yesterday, it was amazing. I really have no words for this...

I agree with you, the Red Team had it going yesterday with great tactics and situational awareness. Was an even match, the win could have gone to either side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And so it begins, as Alpenwolf predicted. A long line of complains.. and we are most likely have another complains wave coming when the Syrian map arrives :/

Seriously, I’m speaking on my own behalf. I have taken out the 19/21 a few times during the last few weeks just to compare, and I must say there is a ton of unnecessary chatter.

All the planes have their ideal tactics.. USE THEM! I see a ton of aviators out there flying the 21 like it would be a F16, they loose speed, stability and then complains that the plane is unstable etc. Do your homework and make it work. Missiles wont catch up or maneuver from slow speed for example.

The 19 is really the best turner out there and you can easily get behind a Viggen or F5 and gun them down with those powerful cannons. Even the missiles work:

No one has mentioned that the F5 only brings 2 missiles to the fight.. and everyone are somehow ok with that? How is that for equal terms, when the 21 can bring 6. But wait, then it is too many missiles suddenly?.. get my point.

The 21, just like the 37 (viggen), has a faulty damage model. I have seen them both being hit with 2-3 air to air missiles and kept on flying. This is an ED’s/Module designers issues, and we can only hope this will be sorted out asap. This is the reason why I’m brining the gun pods on the 37 to the fight. They work better than the missiles.

Can we please stop this nonsense, and enjoy the Stimulator for what it is.

The ones who benefit the most will always defend status quo. And dont try to appeal to Alpen when you simultaneously make effort to exploit his mission design.

Secondly, Lazzyseal is not making complains but valid points about performance of certain systems. Precisely because this is a flight sim! Precisely because recorded performance should be accurately reflected.

Also, nobody is making complains that 21 underperforms or is too hard. 21 has its quirks, its not easy to fly but rewarding. It requires proper treatment. Nobody also complains about the F-5, so Im not sure what you are trying to point out there. Plus, you lie that 21 can bring six missiles. With current rear aspect setup it can bring four at most, which is not feasible for drag and weight penalty. Me and number of guys make compromise and fly with two missiles only. But even assuming everyone would fly with four, two AIM-9P are more effective than four R-13s. 21s missiles are always restricted in boresight shots. Thats how it was in reality, so it is what it is. So no, I dont get your point because you dont have one.

We've had one of the best servers for years with F-5s vs 21s combat. Now we dont have many F-5s flying anymore (last night when I entered there were three, when I was leaving and for the past hour there were none) and we have AJS increased numbers that were supposed to be ground strike platform, but are really used as air to air platform cruising at Mach 1.2 on deck with impunity.

I also would like to invite you to file a bug report in Mag3 section regarding the damage model if you have evidence showing 21s combat capability being retained after multiple missile hits. In past two months I had one instance when I was hit with AIM-9M from Harrier and I could barely keep control and land 21. In every other instance 21 lost either control, power or pilot was killed. MiG-21bis had faulty damage model and it could fly with no wings in the past. But this was corrected months ago based on users reports. So if you have evidence showing otherwise and you can confirm so also from 21s perspective (i.e. just because pilot doesnt eject instantly, doesnt mean aircraft is flyable) than provide such. I will be happy to forward it to devs.

We had a really nice and even fight for hours yesterday, it was amazing. I really have no words for this...

Really ? I had completely different experience than you because there was nothing even. One team had two - three JTACs and double the numbers, the other had one JTAC who was simultaneously trying to control ground units and save whatever remained of our FARP at that point and mixed asset of 21s and 19s, some of which didnt even participate on comms.

Biggest thanks here goes to Alpen for his continuing effort to not only keep server running but also active participation in the missions.

But I found yesterday, flying from around 9 PM CET to 1 - 1:30 AM CET, that nothing was even. Especially last minutes of the mission: "When The Mountains Cry" when bunch of Viggens shot down 21s taking off from Kutaisi. Viggens dropped their landing gear to get canards into "proper" mode and kept making circles over the runway. No air defenses acted because none were positioned to defend the field, no RED aircraft managed to stay in the air.

Even ...

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7