F16 development progress

Hummingbird

Was just wondering wether you (ED) have any plans of applying fixes to the F-16's flight model this year?

Notable issues such as a low G onset rate making the aircraft feel very sluggish (esp. at high speeds), and the inability to pull more than negative 1.8 G's are things us Viper fans are really anxious to see addressed.

It's on the list of things I'd assume. Fixes in general that is.

But the whole G-stuff seems to be more deeply rooted and I wouldn't bet on it being one of the first things being fixed.

It got reported in October 2019: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252826

Negative G issue was adressed here, January 2020: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260319

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Well, I'm a patient guy, but only if I have been informed on when to realistically expect something. Silence makes me impatient, and I think it's the same for most people. All I really need is recognition that a problem is being worked on and when to realistically expect the update, I can then wait quite a long time and won't be asking for a progress report before we get really close to the ETA.

I asked for a bit of change in communications. (a bit more feedback on defects, etc.) instead of being fast mainly with closing or moving threads.

But the thread itself got moved into wishlist and is now kind of aging there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280043

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

The f16 is the most lossy plane I bought

跟预购时相比,f16有什么巨大的更新吗?空对地导弹还遥遥无期。我记得在去年的时候,ED发了一个视频还吐槽了RAZBAM的计划混乱。这么看ed做的f16不是更加糟糕?连更新计划都没了?一开始说开发f16不会影响f18,结果最后两个飞机进度都慢的要死。这还怎么让人相信ED??

Is there any huge update for f16 compared to the pre-order? Air-to-surface missiles are still far away. I remember last year, ED sent a video and vomited that RAZBAM's plan was chaotic. Isn't the f16 made by ed worse than that? Even the update plan is gone? At the beginning, it was said that the development of f16 will not affect f18. As a result, the progress of the last two aircraft was slow. How does this make people believe ED? ?

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C,F/A-18C, MiG-21 Bis, AV-8B N/A, SU27,AJS37,Ka-50, Combined Arms

It feels like f16 is forgotten, nothing is updated.

I don't recommend ed's new products to people at all now, it's very bad.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C,F/A-18C, MiG-21 Bis, AV-8B N/A, SU27,AJS37,Ka-50, Combined Arms

Is there any huge update for f16 compared to the pre-order? Air-to-surface missiles are still far away. I remember last year, ED sent a video and vomited that RAZBAM's plan was chaotic. Isn't the f16 made by ed worse than that? Even the update plan is gone? At the beginning, it was said that the development of f16 will not affect f18. As a result, the progress of the last two aircraft was slow. How does this make people believe ED? ?

Unfortunately the claim that the F-16 wouldn't affect the F/A-18 wasn't true, nor was the claim that they were two separate development teams. F-16 is certainly the purchase I regret the most at this point.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

No-one forced you to buy the ( EA) F16C.. I did and so far without regret.

True, the viper isn't finished yet but the basics are ok now... Approach it like building a house.... Foundation, walls and roof.... they are all realized in a decent time-frame... But the electrics, water, gas, tiles, kitchen, bathrooms etc. usualy take much more time.. You get my point?

I agree with you that progress feels like slowing down at the moment but I'm confident that the ED team still works hard to improve the viper.

Keep the faith and don't run away please:pilotfly:

Happy flying.

• ED Team

Hi

If you don't want to participate in early access it is best to wait for full release.

It can be a long process, but work continues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

对于以惊人的方式赚钱赚钱的模拟,它已经相当不错了

translated by google from: For the simulation of making noise out of money in a magnificent way, it is quite good already

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I was dismayed when they released the 16 without finishing the 18, but it makes sense as a business decision. F-16 sales are a cash cow for ED. But, yes, there is no way that would not slow down the F/A-18 development. I finally bought the 16 when it was half-off figuring I'd want to have it eventually.

actually yes no one forced us to buy but they gave promises that they can't make. They said there are two seperate teams for f16 and f18 but now they are telling us you have to wait until f18 done this isn't how things work you should gain people trust in order to sell more product.

We have atom bombs, ships flying to the Moon, and are working for flying to Mars. But we still have problems with communication between human, in order to make everyone happy on this planet.

No matter how good or bad ED communicates, you are invited to use EA modules. On the other hand experience has shown that reaching RC status can last VERY long, too long for most enthusiasts on the road.

Personally I am still happy that they released it, and also that I bought it. I have time to work into the systems that are yet functional.

It is also nice that ED is fixing bugs.

Already in the current state this module - at least for me - is a joy to fly and living a wet boy dream becoming true sometimes make me forget that EA takes several years. We should never forget that these aircraft are complex aircraft, which means programming the modules is complex too.

IMHO ED underestimated the exploding possibilities for bugs while creating more and more modules. They hopefully will learn from this issue, which - for me - is the only "big" issues I have with EDs strategies.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Unfortunately the claim that the F-16 wouldn't affect the F/A-18 wasn't true, nor was the claim that they were two separate development teams. F-16 is certainly the purchase I regret the most at this point.

ED issued a statement saying that the AGM-65 missile originally scheduled for release in April could not be released, and it would take more time to overcome the complexity, as well as help from f18 developers.

Does this mean that the team doing f16 development is understaffed, so that the help of f18 developers is needed?

The first thing to do is that the development progress of f18 has been lengthened by the development of f16, and you see, there is no shadow of the originally planned AGM-65 in April. If I remember correctly, the release of f18's SLAM was also delayed by about two weeks. This is the obvious example.

Modules:

• ED Team

Hi

Things dont always go to plan, and we have to adapt, we are currently focusing on bug fixes for DCS core and for the viper and hornet.

Next update is scheduled for the 15th, if all goes well, and we will see many fixes added to DCSWorld including fixes for the viper and hornet.

As viper development progresses we will update you all on progress.

Thank you for your patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It means priorities have shifted to elsewhere. You may have read the reddit post on hoggit, people were complaining about bugs. It was decisive on ed management that they would focus on bug fixing.

We have three hundred less bugs now and zilch agm.

Relax.... Matt wrote on Youtube comment section of his Golan Strike video that Mav and HARM are on the work. Hopefully will make it on this month update.

Ofc you all know the DCS motto : everything is subject to change.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Hi

Things dont always go to plan, and we have to adapt, we are currently focusing on bug fixes for DCS core and for the viper and hornet.

Next update is scheduled for the 15th, if all goes well, and we will see many fixes added to DCSWorld including fixes for the viper and hornet.

As viper development progresses we will update you all on progress.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the update. I always see you responding here and in discord giving helpful info, taking bug reports, and near term time tables when stuff is getting close to release. I don't post much, but just want to say: it's very much appreciated.

Those 2 AG missiles are really needed for the f16, lets hope we get one at least.

CZ is arguably just as if not more important than these. As much as I want these weapons, CZ is such a fundamental part of the Viper's operating system.