[FIXED] DCS crashes - Viggen runway start

unknown

After some time without the Viggen i tried this module yesterday again in the latest OB version. I did a hot start on the runway and was thumbling with my hotas to find out what i had mapped and was greeted with DCS stopping to work, not a CTD with track and log.... It just stops working and i have to kill DCS.exe with the task manager. I jumped in another module after that experience. Today i tried it again with the same result, i figuered if a activate the radar on the runway and press my mapped keys for the auto pilot a couple times DCS just stops working. Attached is the dcs.log file.

dcs.zip

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 3 months later...

Bump

This still happens to me in the latest OB.

dcs.log

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

There are reports elsewhere that DCS will hang if activating autopilot a couple of times when standing still on the ground in Viggen. I haven't been able to replicate it myself, could it be something mission specific possibly? Like wind? Could you upload a mission that demonstrates the issue? Do you have any mods installed?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

There are reports elsewhere that DCS will hang if activating autopilot a couple of times when standing still on the ground in Viggen. I haven't been able to replicate it myself, could it be something mission specific possibly? Like wind? Could you upload a mission that demonstrates the issue? Do you have any mods installed?

Hi RagnarDa,

i have no mods installed, clean DCS OB version(already tried repair), just putting the Viggen hot on the runway in the ME, nothing more is needed on my side. I thought the Radar must be running to trigger this crash because as i first reported this crash i could click many times my key bindings for the AP on my HOTAS(no double assignments) and it didn't crash but after a couple clicks with Radar running DCS stopped working. I tried it again today and it will also crash DCS without the Radar running, but it seems that you need more clicks to trigger it as back in march.

Logs from today attached, i will also send you a PM with a private YT link showing everything from DCS menu to killing the DCS.exe.

EDIT: Could narrow it down, activating/deactivating the AP ALTitude Hold mode 10 times(20 clicks - 10 ON and 10 OFF), on the 20th click DCS stopped responding. Another try showed that i could click over 20 times to activate/deactivate the AP ATTitude Hold mode without problem, after that my first click on the ALTitude Hold mode froze DCS. This time i used the mouse and the cockpit buttons to rule out HOTAS problems.

dcs.log

dcs_old.log

Edited by unknown

Thanks for the reports and video! I narrowed the issue down and fixed it. The fix won't be in next patch of DCS though but probably in one after that.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for the reports and video! I narrowed the issue down and fixed it. The fix won't be in next patch of DCS though but probably in one after that.

Good to hear! I was the one who reported it earlier.

:thumbup:

Thank you very much RagnarDa :beer:

Good to hear! I was the one who reported it earlier.

:thumbup:

Yes, 3 months after my first report :P

But joke aside, i don't care who reported what first. I'm glad RagnarDa found the problem and was able to fix it :thumbup: