New warping and rubberbanding issues with Update 4

Samoht

too bad still with the same problem.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

too bad still with the same problem.

Since the Update 4 date 6/13/2018 that add fix of -Added network synch for arrestor cable -Reduced "jitter" of aircraft on carrier deck in network play and -Synchronizing aircraft carrier animations. We had that problem.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Rubberband lag is not only back, it's actually worse. Server disconnections are just intolerable now.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Multiplayer is erratic at best.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

This is obviously subjective. Everyone has their vision of what DCS is. But I honestly think the vast majority believes DCS is all about multiplayer. Hundreds of different communities were created around the possibility of a bunch of guys flying together.

Right now, this is close to impossible to a lot of people, not just me. It's even more unbelievable if you know that others have zero issues, and even more alarming is the lack of effective solutions to solve this.

Before you guys send us AMRAAMs to the Hornet, before you deploy another campaign, before you send us an aerobatic plane, please, PLEASE fix your multiplayer Eagle Dynamics.

But don't just send out fixes and patches. TEST THEM! I volunteer to join any testing session you may want to create and give you my variables.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Not sure if it's the same underlying cause, but getting wild rubberbanding is super easy 100% reproducible by just going into the F10 map even on a simple mission with two aircraft in the air (tested with separate mission per aircraft; 2 A-10C, 2 M2k, 2 F/A-18C) and no other units or logic placed. Two aircraft set to client, default loadout, save&run. Entering F10-map creates about 3-5 seconds of rubber banding, teleporting and "false" location jumping, exiting the map about 4-8 seconds later and again rubber banding galore for a couple of seconds.

Tested with "dedicated" server running i7-6700, 32GB RAM, onboard intel gfx, SSD, 1Gbit/s connection (40ms (-+5ms) ping to both clients)

and

player hosted server running i7-4970k@4.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, much faster SSD than above "dedicated", GTX1080, 250dl/50ul connection with second player having 20-25ms ping.

Same behavior on both servers with +-1 second variation on the flubber-fest.

+1 for this issue still being present in v8 and v9

It has not been this bad for a long time, but people warping about the maps is terrible

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing super bad rubber banding on our server as well, basically it looks like the clients have entirely too much authority over the host. We see really bad server lag whenever a player joins that takes a long time to load, when they open up the F10 map, switch modules, or have bad pings.

It seems like the client joining and loading is tied into the same thread that actually runs the simulation, which is a huge no no in multiplayer stuff.

While hosting, I've noticed that this is more prevalent with the F-18, and while it's on the ground. When it takes off, it appears to improve a bit.

With some friends we also noticed something that may or may not be relevant. We noticed that this is more evident with Steam users hosting, especially with standalone clients connecting.

With a standalone user hosting, we saw much more severe rubberband lag with Steam users as clients. Could it be a Steam vs Standalone thing?

• 4 weeks later...

This problem is present on every server and has been around to some degree since 2.5 was first released. Some seem to be less prone to it but it's still there to some extent. Clients are constantly warping around, bouncing like on a big trampoline and warping. We have guys in the VAF that have some really powerful systems and very high bandwith ISP's and they still have the same problem, so I don't buy any "your system" explanations. Happens in stable or beta. I haven't even seen a single post from anyone from ED about addressing this issue.

I would really appreciate some official response. Has anyone seen anything regarding this problem and if a cure is at least coming?

If it has been discussed I would really appreciate a link.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, had these issues flying in MP, too, as I was trying to bring a friend over to DCS using the stuff from the free play weekend. MP was a big mess and it was really bad to showcase DCS to someone that way - even so he was very open minded and interested in DCS, he told me finally that he will unistall it as soon as the free weekend is over, because of the bad MP experience and low performance. And no: it's nothing bad on his hardware or ISP connection site for sure.

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

Yes, had these issues flying in MP, too, as I was trying to bring a friend over to DCS using the stuff from the free play weekend. MP was a big mess and it was really bad to showcase DCS to someone that way - even so he was very open minded and interested in DCS, he told me finally that he will unistall it as soon as the free weekend is over, because of the bad MP experience and low performance. And no: it's nothing bad on his hardware or ISP connection site for sure.

^^^^...sad

1 discouraged customer counts for 7 pleased customers.

Tbh, I doubt ED will fix it in this version.

MP will get an overhaul with the dedicated server. Let's hope they do that one right.

My 1st MP was on Novell's IPX/SPX on 10Mbit Coax, EF2000 on MS-DOS...and it worked.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

MP will get an overhaul with the dedicated server. Let's hope they do that one right.
Don't count on it...

Would love to see it like everyone else, but at the moment, this long time supporter is loosing hope.

• 2 months later...
+1 for this issue still being present in v8 and v9

It has not been this bad for a long time, but people warping about the maps is terrible

Wish this was fixed, still seems to be quite a problem for server owners. +1 indeed.

DRAGON 1-3 | Raptor [i7-7700K OC 5 GHz CPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2070S GPU w/ 4GB]