VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@ HOLLYWOOD 315

VAICOM PRO only installed.... 2.5.9.8 will NOT allow menu interaction between VA and DCS. Other commands, non VAICOM PRO i.e. keyboard presses work just fine....

In DCS mouse menu interaction is completely broken.. Function key work however..

DCS REPAIR & CLEAN no resolution.

Reverted to 2.5.4.8 and all is good again... maybe a ARIO command thing..

For info.

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

While RIO startup, if we say the order to align INS before RIO can do that, wheel shows and not disappears... evidently, this happens because ARIO is sending the corresponding commands A (wheel menu), CTRL+number, etc... to DCS, and CTRL+number for INS still not available.

Just to check if i'm doing something wrong here.

1- Is it normal that RIO audio is sometimes on headset and sometimes on speakers ?

2- What is the way to let Jester set radio freq. in the rear. ?

Thanks for the help already !

found out how to set Freq.. I have to get myself to RTFM :)

Edited by P3CFE

@gonvise The plugin doesn't send key commands. If you see a wheel you didn't enable AIRIO (EX tab) and restart DCS.

@Gizzy Thanks for flagging update 2.5.9.9 has fix.

Sorry, but AIRIO enabled and working, see the video; jester startup, loud and clear, align fine and...

Edited by gonvise

2019-04-03 20:52:40.846 ERROR   WRADIO: CommandDialogsPanel: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.setShowMenu error [string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:3015: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:3015: in function 'all'
[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:2150: in function 'ProcessRemoteCommand'
[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:2096: in function <[string "Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua"]:2093>

Being in the observer slot. Guess there is a nil check missing

base.vcprcp.state.bpos								= data.initialized and base.Export.LoGetSelfData().Position

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Sorry, but AIRIO enabled and working, see the video; jester startup, loud and clear, align fine and...

I watched the video. I can't test it myself right now, but you have to wait for a bit before you can start INS alignment. That's on the F-14 side, not VAICOM

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I watched the video. I can't test it myself right now, but you have to wait for a bit before you can start INS alignment. That's on the F-14 side, not VAICOM

I now, but if I order jester alignment before he can do it, the wheel should not appear, he must only ignore the order.

However, not a important bug. I only try to help.

Please, can anyone try to reproduce this behavior?

1. Cold start, with ground power on and air supply on.

2. "jester, startup"...

3. "Loud and clear"...

4. "Align fine"... of course he can't do it in this moment, but then the wheel appear (!!!) and I can't remove it.

Thanks!

Edited by gonvise

Just a guess here Gonvise, do you have DCS set up to play it's sound through speakers? If that's the case then jester will be through the speakers as he's part of DCS and not part of vaicom

CO 801 Naval Air Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII MB, i7 7700k Overclocked 4.79Ghz, Corsair H100i Pro Watercooler, ASUS ROG Strix Gaming RTX 2080 Ti 11GB OC, 32GB RAM, Oculus Rift CV1, Warthog HOTAS, Razer Tarterus 2 Gaming keypad, Kingston trackball, Thrustmater MFD's, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

Just a guess here Gonvise, do you have DCS set up to play it's sound through speakers? If that's the case then jester will be through the speakers as he's part of DCS and not part of vaicom

Hello Badger, thank you for answering, but i think that you are not understanding me.

With VAICOM is possible to redirect ONLY the radio sound to another output device, like a headphones.

DCS haven't option to do this, and without VAICOM, all de sound from DCS sound through default system output.

With VAICOM, the radio voice sounds through my headphones and all other sounds through speakers (my default system sound option), having so much more immersion ;-)... but Jester voice is radio, and VAICOM not redirect it like it do with DCS radio, and sounds through speakers.

Ah I see I didn't realize this option was available shows how much I've read the manual. Not! I just run all the DCS sound through the DCS side Vaicom just handles my transmissions to DCS. Sorry thought I had solved your issue there

I also only use headphones so one sound device

Edited by Badger1409

CO 801 Naval Air Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII MB, i7 7700k Overclocked 4.79Ghz, Corsair H100i Pro Watercooler, ASUS ROG Strix Gaming RTX 2080 Ti 11GB OC, 32GB RAM, Oculus Rift CV1, Warthog HOTAS, Razer Tarterus 2 Gaming keypad, Kingston trackball, Thrustmater MFD's, Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

With VAICOM is possible to redirect ONLY the radio sound to another output device, like a headphones.

That's something I've been wanting to have in DCS for years, had no idea VAICOM made it possible. Will check it out asap, thanks!

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I now, but if I order jester alignment before he can do it, the wheel should not appear, he must only ignore the order.

However, not a important bug. I only try to help.

Please, can anyone try to reproduce this behavior?

1. Cold start, with ground power on and air supply on.

2. "jester, startup"...

3. "Loud and clear"...

4. "Align fine"... of course he can do it in this moment, but then the wheel appear (!!!) and I can't remove it.

Thanks!

Damn, I focused on the tree and missed the forest

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

@Need-To-Know Thanks, there are release notes and updated user manual with every release.

@Cornelius Both!

@gonvise Current weapons loadout is shown when you use the Select Stores command (enable hints).

For that pop-up looks you may need to run a DCS repair.

@P3CFE For technical reasons audio redirect is not supported for Jester.

For the F-14 it is recommended to switch off Redirect or select (default) device.

This will be added to the user manual thanks.

@sthompson Following with interest but a lot will depend on how much of it is actually made

technically accessible in one form or another by ED. Let's see what will be feasible.

@FF got it, thanks for that one.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

How can we get Jester to tune the ARC-182 radio at the back, with Easy Comms off?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had the Select option unchecked.

Edited by Harker

-

Hate to say it, but I'm just completely f**ked off with this right now. Despite working ok previously it's been increasingly flaky over the last couple of weeks and is now not working at all.

The annoyance is trying to work out where the failure is happening. If I run VA without launching DCS, should it recognise commands? At the moment it won't even do that. The PTT keys are fine, and I get the appropriate sounds when keying the mic and releasing it, but nothing else.

Despite the rant I don't blame Hollywood for this at all. I appreciate it's complicated stuff and the constant DCS updates don't help. It's just incredibly frustrating to waste so much time getting it to work when I've no idea if it's user error (perfectly likely) or some bug.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Just restarted VA (again) and commands now *are* being recognised. Seems to justify my description of it as 'flaky'. Lets see how I get on in DCS...

Edit: No joy in the Hornet. Quit DCS. Restart VA. Back to not working again. Mental.

Edited by Brun

Brun, what exactly is happening that is not clear to me.

Does the VA window show any recognized words or only start/stop listening? If that is the case mayby you have blocked something like the keyboard (red circle and line)? Did that once with my joystick and wasted hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Even poted it as potential bug :doh::huh::music_whistling:

Question for Hollywood or anyone.

Running vaicom pro and voice attack licensed, excellent app by the way thank you!

Problem that friend and I are having is when running multiplayer DCS.

"multiplayer vaicom pro switch checked", not running easy comms.

If I host or run single player everything works perfect, can talk to "tanker, awacs, jtac, 9 line, tower, etc. Same if he runs single player.

If I'm hosting and friend joins he CAN NOT get any reply from all of the above.

If he host server and I join, he CAN get replies from any of, all of the above. But I get nothing. If he runs single player all works perfectly.

As in if he host I can't even get tanker to reply for refuel and etc. Have to use menu and sometimes that won't even show up.

Is this voice attack or vaicom?

Thank you for your time.

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

Here is a set of kneeboard cheat sheets I made with all the RIO commands from the manual if anyone wants them. I Never remember the right phrase to say so they help me out big time.

Viacom AIRIO cheat sheet.zip

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

Here is a set of kneeboard cheat sheets I made with all the RIO commands from the manual if anyone wants them. I Never remember the right phrase to say so they help me out big time.
Nice one, thanks!

-

i can´t set the DL host to any awacs that is available, the VA menu/hint shows "stennis only available" when the kneeboard clearly shows (I.E. Overlord @ 304.80), also, when can we have the Jester tune radio? (or al least preset channels)
Same here, I can't set the Host on any AWACS and the manual has some mistakes on that part as well. I think it was working before the last update.

For the ARC-182 that the RIO controls, you can use the Select command with that radio button (not the one you use for ICS) and Jester will tune it.

-