DCS: F-5E!

Python

SIqPvZN.png

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information."-Michael Scott

System Specs: i5 4570 OC'ed to 3.6GHZ (It was free, what can I say), Gigabyte B85M-DS3H, 8Gb Team Elite Plus, Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming OC'ed to 1600MHZ, 240Gb OCZ Arc 100 SSD, Raidmax Aztec Case, Saitek X55, and GhettoIR.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all saw that icon, is it the next elder jet fighter by ED, after the F-18c? the migo x29 we know that will be sold alone, so how about this one, anything planing, our dear productor >.> ?

The Spit, P-47 and F-18 weren't on there, suggesting they may be further behind. Maybe they planned the F-5E as a "surprise" release? It would save them from us complaining about the release date fo it.

I can just imagine the huge face palm he made right before he started to stream :lol:

Yeah...or worse yet, it might not be a ED developed module...

Perhaps they stole someone else's thunder. :music_whistling:

We guessed that an F-5 might happen:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2371709&postcount=1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2372087&postcount=17

That said, it still be some other internal reference or code for some other project. We'll see what happens once DCS2 comes out. I still doubt that there will be any official discussion of this till after that. It may also fade away and prove to be nothing of note.

I'm really hoping it is something - DACT against Western fighters over NTTR would be awesome.

-Nick

LOL, I think you guys are hilarious and are making mountains out of ant hills. If is not Wags Avatar, is this and who know what is next. There was no Mig-21 icon either, so no Mig -21? lol all this is simple speculation. The F-5 icon could be any WIP aircraft fore all we know.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

LOL, I think you guys are hilarious and are making mountains out of ant hills. If is not Wags Avatar, is this and who know what is next. There was no Mig-21 icon either, so no Mig -21? lol all this is simple speculation. The F-5 icon could be any WIP aircraft fore all we know.

Simple speculation? There was an icon there. There was no MiG-21 because it's not developed by ED or their partners Belsimtek as all the modules were. Laugh all you want, but unless you have some inside info, I see little reason to doubt that there's an F-5E currently in the making by either of the two.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• ED Team
The Spit, P-47 and F-18 weren't on there, suggesting they may be further behind. Maybe they planned the F-5E as a "surprise" release? It would save them from us complaining about the release date fo it.

The latest F/A-18 screenshot was from in the sim, all this means is that Matt was using a build that had in it exactly what you saw. Doesnt mean any sort of extra delays or any such thing. Matt already showed the F-5 in his avatar, I dont think this was an accident to leave it visible for this Stream.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This almost makes sense, but if he wanted to hide an actual WIP module he could have given it the name and icon of an already existing one. Or just not a name and icon at all.

The F-5E is a perfect fit as mentioned above. For Nevada alone it is a great choice, but as a match against the MiG-21 or the fact that is was/is so multinational, and of course multirole to a degree. It suffers many of the benefits/penalties of the MiG-21, but has the advantage of slightly more advanced Western avionics/weapons. It is also a good match against the F-14A, and as others have said is a great "MiG-28" for Top Gun movie missions. This more than makes up for the loss of VEAO's A-4 Skyhawk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simple speculation? There was an icon there. There was no MiG-21 because it's not developed by ED or their partners Belsimtek as all the modules were. Laugh all you want, but unless you have some inside info, I see little reason to doubt that there's an F-5E currently in the making by either of the two.

This almost makes sense, but if he wanted to hide an actual WIP module he could have given it the name and icon of an already existing one. Or just not a name and icon at all.

We will see I guess. Just seen this type of conversation so many times. IIRC, when BS1 was coming out, so many arguments about the gun position. So many conversation of what was next after BS1, A10C, etc.

Only time, ED and partner member will tell. :thumbup:

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The latest F/A-18 screenshot was from in the sim, all this means is that Matt was using a build that had in it exactly what you saw. Doesnt mean any sort of extra delays or any such thing. Matt already showed the F-5 in his avatar, I dont think this was an accident to leave it visible for this Stream.

I appreciate the insight/diplomacy. This makes good sense to me.

The F-5E is an excellent fit for NTTR and flying it against F-15s, F-14s, and F/A-18s at NTTR would be amazing. It really opens up some excellent MP scenarios, sophisticated missions for both sides - exactly what NTTR was meant for.

I hope we find out either way in the near future. The F-5E is a big deal in my book. It also fits in very well to the Strait of Hormuz map - the IRIAF operated a large number of F-5Es, primarily for ground attack.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

wow I also only just noticed the X-29 icon on the far right. I wonder if we will start seeing experimental aircraft in the future?

You should take a closer look at the icon.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

:smartass:

I though the icon was for this

x-29t.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I wouldn't read too much into the F-5.

In order to stay sane I will try to forget I even saw that icon, until there is an official announcement. Because if they dropped the project for one reason or another (which is not unprecedented) I would be sad.

For now I'll just pretend they have the new AI F-5 integrated in their build as a mod, which could be a reason for the icon.

Well depending on where development is on the F-18C they may have some of their team currently under employed. If that's the case, it'd make sense to work on another module. And technically speaking, the F-5E is a very simple aircraft, most of the systems are already modeled, so it's not like it'd be a hugely taxing endeavor.

I think you may all be barking up the wrong tree, there was a typo on that icon, it should read F16! :music_whistling:

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]