detalied CVs/LHAs: Module or free for all?

twistking

Hello,

just wanted to ask, if there were any news, on how the new highly detailed aircraft carriers and LHAs will be handled.

There has been plans for detailed carriers as seperate module, but there has not been any news on that for ages; also it's very unclear how that would work out with all the third party ships.

I sincerely hope, that all the support assets and functionality will be free for everyone and can get funded through the aircraft modules - mostly because otherwise it would make multiplayer more complicated.

I don't want to start a discussion about that though.

So, has there been any official word on it in the last months?

thx

@mwd2

Yeah, they were originally keeping it with the Harrier, but I believe they recently decided to make the hidef version available as part of the base asset pack of the game.

@twistking

They were talking about the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. The Nimitz is already done (mostly?) and in-game as part of the base asset pack. You did not pay for it, obviously. Kuznetsov is still AWOL. That's all there is to it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

thanks for the answers.

so for me it seems, as if the plans for a paid module are off the table, wouldn't you agree?

(the only possibility i see, is that ED would sell a module, that offers more functionality (human atc, air boss, "combined arms" type gameplay to all the CVs and LHAs, but this seems a bit out of scope atm)

@mwd2

Yeah, they were originally keeping it with the Harrier, but I believe they recently decided to make the hidef version available as part of the base asset pack of the game.

@twistking

They were talking about the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. The Nimitz is already done (mostly?) and in-game as part of the base asset pack. You did not pay for it, obviously. Kuznetsov is still AWOL. That's all there is to it.

It's the same for the Stennis and the Tarawa. Both will be free to DCS without the need for the harrier or hornet.

I believe there was a post in the Russian forums that the paid carrier module was either postponed indefinitely or completely cancelled but I'll never be able to find it. Pretty sure it was from Chizh.

There was a post by chiz on the russian forum about the Kuznetsov and it being delayed for an unknown period of time. If you search the unofficial news thread you will find the post

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days