OB Update Delayed

Habu_69

The development has not been delayed! Just because the patch won't be released this week doesn't mean the team holds all their work until the next week... :doh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

As mentioned in the last newsletter we have a big push coming after this next update for the hornet.

I can tell you there has still been work ongoing for the hornet in the mean time, and I have personally been testing fixes for our hornet that will be in the next patch.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OB Update Delayed

The development has not been delayed! Just because the patch won't be released this week doesn't mean the team holds all their work until the next week... :doh:

Well, is this semantics? I’ve got money invested in both the Hornet and Viper modules. It takes development to deliver features and ED seems be developing and delivering new features expected in the Hornet into the Viper first. That is very concerning to Hornet owners. I can understand bringing the Viper to parity with the Hornet and then developing them simultaneously to share development milestones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Demonstrably false. Ed moved people

From working in hornet to working on viper. This has been going on for two months at least. Either:

A) those devs would have done nothing in which case I would have a bigger axe to grind

B) this has delayed releasing systems and fixes for the hornet.

Edited by Arctander

We weren’t scheduled to get a Hornet update today. Let’s hope this delay brings TWS to the Hornet at the same time as the Viper. Keep the faith and hope ED is working to improve perceptions. Fingers crossed.

Yes we were! It wa as rear facing antenna for the link pod!!! ;-)

Not sure why anyone is surprised by delay.

These additions are more complex than others. The problem is ED keeps making announcements to feed the need, but cannot make the deadlines it sets. Why release VOIP when from what I've read the audio will be crystal clear and only have one channel for each side? This is yet again a completely unfinished add on being rushed out the door. If VOIP doesn't sound like a radio and cannot use frequency it is completely useless for online play. Best to keep it internal until its finished to a better state.

If I learned anything at BMS rushing things out the door just makes things worse; not better. Stop feeding the "got to have it new and now" people; its killing the sim.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

They can keep their "rear antenna"... "Any of you boys seen an aircraft carrier around here?" :glare:

I'll still take the "rear antenna" but the new carrier would be a nice bonus for the Hornet :thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

So basically, we didn't get rear antenna today because F-16 features are complicated to model. There's some link missing between those two events.

Yeah, I really don't get why they just dont cut out the 16 stuff from the update as a lot of other devs and modules could push an update for their aircraft. At this point the effin Viper is delaying everything else in DCS. Really poor management if you ask me,

Yeah, I really don't get why they just dont cut out the 16 stuff from the update as a lot of other devs and modules could push an update for their aircraft. At this point the effin Viper is delaying everything else in DCS. Really poor management if you ask me,

:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

You have some left?! Mind sharing? ;-)

Well, I have a long history in this hobby over many software titles that can’t be named. I had a break over a couple years due to career requirements and jumping into the money pit of general aviation by getting my private pilots license and co-owing a plane ( and you folks think DCS is expensive. LOL.) I came back to sims to escape from the pain that leads to my handle. Spinal fusion is a sure fire way to lose your medical. I was amazed at how much sims have improved. This community is amazingly supportive with so many sharing the wealth of their knowledge. ED is creating a wealth of modules and terrains over the history of military aviation, all flyable within the same environment. That alone is a monumental task given how quickly technology changes. Very few titles have ever offered this. Ed gives consideration to pit builders and VR advancements. Is there room for improvement? Sure! Usually, we get an update every two weeks. Do they always fix what I think or wanted to get fixed? Nope. But, generally someone’s expectation gets met. Do I get frustrated? Yep! Overall, every time I am in the air, I am amazed over what has been created and look forward to future.

That’s the positive outlook and should not be construed as mitigating my frustration over long awaited features being implemented in the Viper before the Hornet.

Yes we were! It wa as rear facing antenna for the link pod!!! ;-)[/

I just really didn’t consider that as being a true update given what was being planned for the Viper. No offense intended to minimize the feature you want to see implemented.

Haha! No worries. There was a fairly hefty dose of sarcasm in my post! I don’t give two hoots for a rearward facing antenna for an obsolete weapon system....

Haha! No worries. There was a fairly hefty dose of sarcasm in my post! I don’t give two hoots for a rearward facing antenna for an obsolete weapon system....

But its an ANTENNA, this will be setting the new benchmark, you just don't realize it :megalol:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Yet again Hornet development is delayed to fix F-16C problems. Really tiresome.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4112751#post4112751http://

Well, get into the F-16 cockpit then and have a nice time.

Oh....wait.... maybe you ain't got that module...?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Well, get into the F-16 cockpit then and have a nice time.

Oh....wait.... maybe you ain't got that module...?

I've got both, and I find the lack of progress on the F18 pretty annoying. The Viper is in a much less finished state so while I want updates for it, I'd love for the F18 to get more "done".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just can't wait for Mi-24 release and unfinished F-16 falling in the second tier.

You think there are delays now, just wait until the Carrier Module arrives...AI deck crew causing all sort of issues by walking into player and AI controlled aircraft.. catapult steam causing CTD... arrestor cables only working with the Hornet ...oh the possibilities. The Viper Pre-PRE ALPHA too Early Access module will be the least of Hornet owners problems of actually getting any solid Hornet updates :D

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

I've got both, and I find the lack of progress on the F18 pretty annoying. The Viper is in a much less finished state so while I want updates for it, I'd love for the F18 to get more "done".

I'm in the same boat, I like the attention the viper has brought to DCS as a whole, but personally I'd like to see some real headway on the hornet made. Still a few large missing features and quite a bit of bug squashing that needs to be done, before I would start focusing on the Viper IMHO.

It seems like some features on the hornet are REALLY flushed out, like PGMs but At the same time we're still working with a really basic AA suite. No TWS, no AZ/EL, no A2A Lpod mode, no PFM for the 120s, no ground programmable Countermeasures (or Data Card), No Jammer, no Gen X. Walleyes are interesting and novel and SLAMERs will be very nice, but I wish the focus was on counter air, We have PLENTY of mud movers right now.

I feel like we have a A-18C and I like an F/A-18C

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Same here, but I'd like to see them focus on the core sim items like weather etc and then finish the hornet and third the viper.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Same here, but I'd like to see them focus on the core sim items like weather etc and then finish the hornet and third the viper.

I would very much hope that core sim programmers for things like weather and network are completely different team than the modules. Iirc 50% of the team don’t work on modules.