DCS Interface Issue with WinWing Throttles

WBenson

I just bought the WinWing Super Taurus Throttle (don't be jealous, I'm eating beans and rice for the next few months...)

Hooked it up and bound the right throttle to the TF-51 throttle and it works like a charm.

Tried to bind right and left throttles to the corresponding levers in the F-18, and nothing happens... Played with every setting, and nothing happens. All of the other switches, buttons, and event he friction lever work, just not the throttle levers. Like I said, though, the TF-15D controls read the inputs just fine.

I did notice that the Axis Command lists "Thrust Right" and "Thrust Left" instead of "throttle right" and "throttle left". Could this be the issue, and is there a work around for it?

Thanks!

Make sure your mapping the F-18 (SIM) controls.

If that's what you are binding. There are two different controls, sim and game etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Make sure you are binding in right the input type(select axis binds in the category) and that you are also selecting the input in the right controler column (it wouldn't be the first time I tried to bind throttle inputs on my rudder pedals or even on the Keyboard column).

Also this isn't quite the right section to post this at, there is a "Input Output" sub-forum and there's Winwing a Sub-Sub-Forum there.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=728

DCS Interface Issue with WinWing Throttles

I just bought the WinWing Super Taurus Throttle (don't be jealous, I'm eating beans and rice for the next few months...)

Hooked it up and bound the right throttle to the TF-51 throttle and it works like a charm.

Tried to bind right and left throttles to the corresponding levers in the F-18C Sim "Winwing Throttle column Axis Commands for "Thrust Right" and "Thrust Left". The inputs show "JOY_RX" and "JOY_RY" Respectively. The input bar (little white line on bottom of each box) both show the bar filling the right half the line, and as I advance each throttle lever, the respective bar decreases to center, and then fills going to the left.

In the sim, the throttles don't move, but the friction lever works, and all of the switches are correctly mapped and function as expected.

Played with every setting, and nothing happens. All of the other switches, buttons, and event he friction lever work, just not the throttle levers. Like I said, though, the TF-15D controls read the inputs just fine.

SimAppPro calibration shows proper inputs and functions, so I know that this isn't a mechanical fault.

Love this beefy set-up, assuming I can get everything working.

Thanks!

Axis tune , check "slider" ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You need to move it through the full axis. Lift the finger tabs, go all the way back and then all the way forward and it'll work.

Edited by Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

It might be easier and faster people to help if you post the pic of your throttle binding page here.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I can't bind my Aft(Flare) Dispense Switch to my throttle JOY_BTN10 or my Forward(Chaff) Dispense Switch to my throttle JOY_BTN12 either.

Is there a default profile that is getting in the way?

Gladman: No joy on throttle function after trying your suggested procedure. Any other thoughts?

I can't bind my Aft(Flare) Dispense Switch to my throttle JOY_BTN10 or my Forward(Chaff) Dispense Switch to my throttle JOY_BTN12 either.

Is there a default profile that is getting in the way?

Gladman: No joy on throttle function after trying your suggested procedure. Any other thoughts?

When you go into Windows Devices do all the buttons and axis work there? And silly question, but you do have 2 USB cables plugged in for the throttle and button board right? ONe for the throttle and on for the button board?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Tried to bind right and left throttles to the corresponding levers in the F-18C Sim "Winwing Throttle column Axis Commands for "Thrust Right" and "Thrust Left". The inputs show "JOY_RX" and "JOY_RY" Respectively. The input bar (little white line on bottom of each box) both show the bar filling the right half the line, and as I advance each throttle lever, the respective bar decreases to center, and then fills going to the left.

In the sim, the throttles don't move, but the friction lever works, and all of the switches are correctly mapped and function as expected.

Played with every setting, and nothing happens. All of the other switches, buttons, and event he friction lever work, just not the throttle levers. Like I said, though, the TF-15D controls read the inputs just fine.

SimAppPro calibration shows proper inputs and functions, so I know that this isn't a mechanical fault.

Love this beefy set-up, assuming I can get everything working.

Thanks!

Easy....when you jump into the sim, you need to move the throttles out of idle cutoff then back in again.....looks like the throttles aren't been sensed on mission start (cold and dark). When you jump into a mission with the engines running, make sure you have moved your throttles out of idle cutoff prior to mission start. Had this happen when I had my old WH throttle.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

The buttons work, but the axis seems reversed, my X and Y axis commands seem to decrease (in other words, the indicator bars are full, and as I advance the throttles, the bar values decrease). It almost seems like Windows sees them as reversed, but every other indicator (like my TF-15 settings) portray them correctly.

I detached my joystick (HOTAS X52) in case there was a conflict between the 52's settings and the new Taurus unit. Could there be some hidden settings causing conflict? Currently, I have a line for my Taurus startup panel, another for my rudder system, and another for my throttle unit.

Open control panel and click on devices and printers....you should see the throttle. Right click throttle and access the settings and see if you can see the axis's move. If you can you have an issue with dcs.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Found it. It's that old RA-10 function. Thanks for the help all! I figured a work around using VoiceAttack to say "Prepare the bird for start up" and it used keyboard commands to set the throttles to idle with a message "Aircraft prepped for start up, reduce throttles to stop"

Again, thanks for pointing me in in the right direction to figure things out.

Edited by WBenson