JF-17 BLOCK 3 because of the euro fighter typhoon?

E-TF[101] Breeze

Unknown, sure it’s true for everything, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t practice overwhelming knowledge of your plane and tactics, because not every pilot in the oppositions plane may do the same. It’s very surprising how many people don’t master their plane or develop a feel for using it, you just have to be better then the other pilot regardless of platform. The better you train the higher a chance of going up against a plane with a pilot that doesn’t knows theirs as well. All this goes for your knowing the opponent plane as well, if you don’t know about the DASS system or practice good EMCON you WILL be at the Typhoons mercy.

You can’t expect to win to every fight, but you sure as hell can train to win and succeed the majority(or atleast make the fight tough for the opponent) of the time unless your up against an ace squadron. If you can make the Typhoon work for that kill, spend multiple missiles and tons of gas and become target fixated all to shoot a plane thats a quarter of the cost or less(including the huge technological gap) I see that as a win

A Typhoon pilot would be pretty embarrassed if a JF-17 can even make them sweat

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Unknown, sure it’s true for everything, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t practice overwhelming knowledge of your plane and tactics, because not every pilot in the oppositions plane may do the same. It’s very surprising how many people don’t master their plane or develop a feel for using it, you just have to be better then the other pilot regardless of platform. The better you train the higher a chance of going up against a plane with a pilot that doesn’t knows theirs as well. All this goes for your knowing the opponent plane as well, if you don’t know about the DASS system or practice good EMCON you WILL be at the Typhoons mercy.

You can’t expect to win to every fight, but you sure as hell can train to win and succeed the majority(or atleast make the fight tough for the opponent) of the time unless your up against an ace squadron. If you can make the Typhoon work for that kill, spend multiple missiles and tons of gas and become target fixated all to shoot a plane thats a quarter of the cost or less(including the huge technological gap) I see that as a win

A Typhoon pilot would be pretty embarrassed if a JF-17 can even make them sweat

Ofcourse! :thumbup:

Edited by BIGNEWY
removed deleted quote

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Not that we’ll actually get it in DCS but I’d love to hear the SD-10 disciples complain about Meteor out ranging them. :D

Assuming we GET the Meteor. I hope we do.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

if typhoon and rafale make it into DCS world. that opens room for JF-17 Block 3. however rafale and Block 3 JF-17 will be so OP that it will shake up whole DCS experience on multiplayer for people. even if typhoon makes it into DCS in next 2 years it will have limited capabilities i bet.

also Block 3 of JF-17 information might not be declassified. so it could easily take years. however yes if modern jets and Over powered features like Aesa Radars and 600KM+ ranged missiles of are allowed in DCS then yes those aircraft might make their way into DCS. exciting times ;)

people will cry alot if that happens. cuz it will make aircraft like F-14 and Mirages obsolete. or inferior in big ways.

Rafale started operational flights with AESA in 2014 if IRRC. Typhoon won’t fly with AESA operationally until later this year and only Kuwait at first. Also PAC Kamra is only building 2 JF-17 Block III for all of 2020, the first operational units will probably not be until mid 2021 or late. They might be sooner then European Typhoons getting Captor-E, we’ll see. It’s just still a long ways away is what I’m trying to say

And Chiron I think they are talking about Ra’ad, which we probably don’t have becuase it’s jecer been operated by JF-17 before. We also don’t have any Pakistan indiginous weapons becuase Deka probably has no current access to the needed Pakistani sources. Until those are solved then maybe we will see Ra’ad eventually, but right now all JF-17+Ra’ad photos are photoshop.

But it’s range is that long https://www.janes.com/article/94404/pakistan-test-launches-longer-range-variant-of-ra-ad-ii-alcm

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Despite not having AESA (except the Kuwaiti ones), it does have the best non-AESA radar in the world. Regardless of the tranche, the Typhoon (even a Tranche 1) will be the best air to air platform in DCS by a very large margin for a long time to come, unless somehow we get a 5th gen jet.

Only if it's missiles will be able to pass the 10nm barrier.

Eeeh it's gna add a lot of power creep to the game. Pay to win. Jeff barely works on the balance cuz some of its specs are quite tame. EF typhoon tho....

pay to win? hahaha

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

pay to win? hahaha

:pilotfly:

But, for real, balance isn't a concern for the developers as DCS is aimed towards realism.

Balance should be the concern of the mission maker.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

600KM+ ranged missile ????? i think u need to check this info cuz there is no such a thing

500 KM+ to be exact for air to air kill on PL-XX missile in chinese and pakistani arsenal being tested and worked upon to be a counter for French/Indian and Russian Aircraft/Missiles such as Metrior, Rafale and Su-57 very long range Missiles.

PL-XX has entered service in Chinese air force and will be induced in Pakistan airforce with Block 3 of JF-17. rumor has it.

500 KM+ to be exact for air to air kill on PL-XX missile in chinese and pakistani arsenal being tested and worked upon to be a counter for French/Indian and Russian Aircraft/Missiles such as Metrior, Rafale and Su-57 very long range Missiles.

PL-XX has entered service in Chinese air force and will be induced in Pakistan airforce with Block 3 of JF-17. rumor has it.

I heard a rumor that rumors are a waste of time

This is such a strange thread. Eurofighter has nothing to do with the JF-17. A simulator has no concept of balance between aircrafts. Sounds like a multiplayer concern, but it’s up to the mission

makers to create a ”fair” environment.

Im happy to still see the occasional MiG-21, F-5, MiG-29 etc. in AIM-120C environment. Simmers that enjoy the aircraft they are flying regardless of how ”effective” it is. The mentality of ”I need to dominate in multiplayer to feel good about myself” is slowly ruining DCS mp.

;4262279']the jf 17 can very easly beat the eu fighter if both planes have good pilots

The JF isn't really meant as a front line dog fighter, you see how it struggles to match power even with the F-18, and you think it can "easily" beat a plane like the EF, which is pretty much an F-22 in handling and thrust?

Seriously?

The JF isn't really meant as a front line dog fighter, you see how it struggles to match power even with the F-18, and you think it can "easily" beat a plane like the EF, which is pretty much an F-22 in handling and thrust?

Seriously?

If the Eurofighter pilot makes bad choices why not.

I’ll echo what was said before, people like flying MiG-21 against fourth gen becuase it’s hard and rewarding. If anything the JF-17 is a 21st century MiG-21 in role and heritage, people will fight them against Typhoon and if they are a better pilots then the Typhoon you might see some fights not won by the EF. If the TrueGrit forum is anything to go by there will be hordes of everyone and their grandma flying the EF, not all of them will know how to use it to its best potential or make the best tactical decisions. We’ll both have DL and Fox 3, I think it’ll be fun:D

You don’t have to worry about us Jeff drivers so much, we will be fine. Our plane costs 25 million dollars, we don’t always have to win to have fun and make the other side cry:)