Autumn 2019 Update

Hiromachi

Will the new MiG-21 cockpit be completely remodeled? ejector seat, improved 3D and textures?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Will the new MiG-21 cockpit be completely remodeled? ejector seat, improved 3D and textures?

Yes and no. As it was stated in previous updates, the cockpit update is split into 2 phases:

- Phase 1 is related to remodelling for external model to fit the cockpit and adjusting cockpit panels to perfect shapes and sizes, with the existing textures;

- Phase 2 which will take a lot more will produce a complete texture and detail overhaul.

To add to your workload, Hiro:

Will the existing skins be adjusted to fit the new model? I'll be sad if I lose my Northeria scheme after all these years!

Yes, all the skins that module comes with, will be adjusted.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

What's wrong with it? The 21 has one of the best and most detailed damage models in DCS.

Oh... you mean the one where it takes up multiple missiles up its nose or up its rear end and it just shrugs it off ?

The only certain way to kill a MiG-21 is to shoot a missile at when it is turning, so the wings take damage and fall off.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Oh... you mean the one where it takes up multiple missiles up its nose or up its rear end and it just shrugs it off ?

The only certain way to kill a MiG-21 is to shoot a missile at when it is turning, so the wings take damage and fall off.

Indeed, it's more often than not pretty frustrating trying to kill a Fishbed. Just yesterday I shot a Sidewinder right into the engine nozzle. The Fishbed was burning, but it kept flying and accellerated to a speed that I couldn't keep up with in my F-5...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Questions no 2 and 3 were answered directly in the update: "As the Phase 1 fixes of the external model nears, we’ll be shortly releasing the updated template for artist to fix their liveries. A simplified early 3D model edm will be included for use in Model Viewer. With changes to the dorsal spine, tail, and pitot boom, many liveries will have misaligned camouflage patterns".

Thanks for your answer Hiro, I appreciate all fuselage corrections and everything what will be done regarding the external shape of Mig-21. However I cannot understand contrary to very small discrepancy in external shape, which 99% of users won't notice that such a big error like 490L tanks being maybe 30% smaller than they should be still hasn't been fixed, I like your work and support it, but sorry - I sometimes feel like fighting with windmills to get something updated (new files for the tanks were supplied long ago), please see:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2757565&postcount=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=139544&d=1461738338

Stalinium, bruh.

What's wrong with the flight model? Several SME's have signed it off as accurate. Or do you have any real world Mig-21 flying experience?

The only real issues lay with outside-of-the-envelope flight.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Yes and no. As it was stated in previous updates, the cockpit update is split into 2 phases:

- Phase 1 is related to remodelling for external model to fit the cockpit and adjusting cockpit panels to perfect shapes and sizes, with the existing textures;

- Phase 2 which will take a lot more will produce a complete texture and detail overhaul.

Yes, all the skins that module comes with, will be adjusted.

Thank You! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The only real issues lay with outside-of-the-envelope flight.

outside envelope flight is prohibited as per flight manual so there is no real way of knowing or having reliable data on that regime. If you stick to the procedures and speeds from the POH you'll fly the airplane just fine. I personally see no issue here.

outside envelope flight is prohibited as per flight manual so there is no real way of knowing or having reliable data on that regime. If you stick to the procedures and speeds from the POH you'll fly the airplane just fine. I personally see no issue here.

I absolutely agree, FM is very good inside envelope - outside it, well for example there aren't any RL pilots I personally know who went outside the envelope with 21 and lived to tell the tale so I am pretty happy with FM. To those I have spoken, all told me that they feared abusing limits of the aircraft a lot and falling into spin was a dreaded regime (among others). You can fly the 21 BIS according to the real flight manual and for me it is a testimony of a good FM.

Quick question on the SPO fix? Any details or changes to how it will work?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks for your answer Hiro, I appreciate all fuselage corrections and everything what will be done regarding the external shape of Mig-21. However I cannot understand contrary to very small discrepancy in external shape, which 99% of users won't notice that such a big error like 490L tanks being maybe 30% smaller than they should be still hasn't been fixed, I like your work and support it, but sorry - I sometimes feel like fighting with windmills to get something updated (new files for the tanks were supplied long ago), please see:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2757565&postcount=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=139544&d=1461738338

External fuel tanks will be fixed with the release of the cockpit / external model update.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Yup, it's data we can't exactly collect in a practical manner. The only issues I can point out, personally, is how the nose behaves when you deploy the chute for a STOL. It shouldn't drop like it does. However, that's a minor gripe. Also, the braking seems a bit too effective, but the Fishbed isn't alone in that regard. That may even be out of Mag3's hands and it may be an engine issue.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Will there be an option of a new cockpit? I mean not factory new, but a couple of years of service?

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Phase one will not include any major changes of textures so I don't think signs of wear and usage will be any different than currently. As for Phase two, I don't know yet.

• 2 weeks later...
No. When I will have info on those, I will forward it to you. But we cant just work on everything in parallel mate.

Would love to hear improvements on the sound aspect of things.

I've had the module for quite some time but have only just recently started flying it, a very unique aircraft in the air and one I am looking forward to spending more time enjoying! :D