How do I use LITENING Pod Controls?

Athalon020

I've been away from DCS for a few months, and when I tried to use the LITENING pod on the F-18 none of my controls are working anymore. As I write this, I'm literally flying the plane with A/P on and going through each of these controls below:

The Pod is on, I have the screen up and everything, I can see things out of it, that much is working. The HUD had a diamond with a dot in the middle that I wasn't able to clear, but it went away after rage-smashing some buttons. The camera on the pod was locked, seemingly on this point, but I managed to free it once and now it's stuck again.

The proper screen is selected with the SCS. Using the cage button clears the screen and shows only a large, screen-wide crosshair. All other information like the text on the edges of the screen goes away when I cage it. Using the TDC doesn't move the camera, but instead causes the reticle to alternate quickly between a diamond and a crosshair. I cannot re-center the camera with the cage button (as mentioned) and I cannot move the camera at all.

Externally, it appears the camera is looking at the pod itself and isn't pointing outside of the plane. Also worth noting is a timer on the HUD that I cannot figure out how it got there, but the HUD flashes LST whenever I press the cage button.

What on earth have I done, or haven't done? This thing worked the last time I tried it and now none of the controls are working.

UPDATE:

I decided to give up on that plane and get a new one. The second plane had a working pod until I pressed the Designate button. Pressing that has locked up the pod and I cannot undesignate the target, and with the target designated the pod is working as described above.

Edited by Athalon020

The LITENING received a major rework. Check Matt Wagner's latest F-18 videos.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4406784&postcount=3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro