Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 06:52 PM   #91
tugais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirial View Post
Hi Tugais, thanks for the suggestion! Really really interesting. I realized I have same problem with DCS.

Do you think victories earned during training should be logged? I would avoid double logging...
I'm logging manually each one of my sorties and I decided to not score victories earned during training flights. I really could not speak for others regarding this question, it's more a matter of personal preference at this point.

Looking forward to the possibility of adding this functionality.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:58 PM   #92
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator

Another debrief.log with around 100 of 120 manual target types to set for your autolearning system.

As for training sorties: Maybe a simple checkbox when uploading the debrief.log?
Tick the Training checkbox and the sortie will only count as training, or something like this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debrief (2).zip (156.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Nirvi; 07-08-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #93
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
Another debrief.log with around 100 of 120 manual target types to set for your autolearning system.

As for training sorties: Maybe a simple checkbox when uploading the debrief.log?
Tick the Training checkbox and the sortie will only count as training, or something like this.
System that suggest me target to link works automatically, yesterday I added a lot of them.
I see there were a lot of empty types and "Undisclosed target"; unfortunately, without any clue I'm unable to create a rule to suggest target type.

I'm still in doubt if add a flag to avoid to record hits, this would shorten the manual log process but also you will miss some information.

Please let me know.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:22 AM   #94
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugais View Post
I'm logging manually each one of my sorties and I decided to not score victories earned during training flights. I really could not speak for others regarding this question, it's more a matter of personal preference at this point.

Looking forward to the possibility of adding this functionality.
It is a little complex indeed... I will think about.
Soon I will add the possility to chose aircraft also in manual input; I hoped to add this in the begining of the week but I had very busy days.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:00 AM   #95
Nirvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirial View Post
System that suggest me target to link works automatically, yesterday I added a lot of them.
I see there were a lot of empty types and "Undisclosed target"; unfortunately, without any clue I'm unable to create a rule to suggest target type.

I'm still in doubt if add a flag to avoid to record hits, this would shorten the manual log process but also you will miss some information.

Please let me know.
I will do a test tonight where I only fire on scenery objects.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #96
speed-of-heat

couple of suggestions;
character time periods or suggested dates, so this is more of a quality of life update, but if the user uploads a file with a date stamp for 2020 that is for a character in the 1940's either offer to correct or reject, based upon you setting an operation period for your character.. not set accepts all?

Import from log book, can you import from you game logbook, to get awards and base hours?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:47 PM   #97
Nirvi

I'm now pretty sure the "Undisclosed target" are only scenery objects like houses.
Here's a debriefing from a freeflight mission. I only strafed some houses, no enemy or friedly targets were in the vicinity
Attached Files
File Type: log debrief.log (170.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-09-2020, 10:06 PM   #98
Victor3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed-of-heat View Post
couple of suggestions;

Import from log book, can you import from you game logbook, to get awards and base hours?

Yes please, if possible!
Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms
Victor3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logbook, tool, virtual squadrons, website