Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Hi Ansirial,

Thank you for the continuous support of Logbook, it's great to see it grow. I have a question regarding the informations logged. Do you think you could add an additional entry to specify the aircraft flown on a sortie and perhaps a way to know how many hours has been spent with a particular plane or helicopter ?

Thanks!

Yours is a good question! At the moment, using sync app (avalaible to download from the first post of this thread), both flight time and aircraft are automatically logged, this data are already on the database.

Flight time can be logged also manually adding a sortie event on calendar and soon I will add also manual aircraft chose from a list.

You can see cumulated flight time in you user profile page and in any character profile.

I'm preparing this milestones to get a specific target: a statistic page with graphics and where you can download Excel files or CSV.

There will be avalaible, for instance, flight time per aircraft and many other statistics.

I feel very important to save own data, in this way Logbook would be (I hope) a good way to log entries and have fun remembering flights away from PC, maybe on your smartphones, but also you will be always able to download and save your history in your own secure storage.

Please feel free to suggest any type of statistics you would like to see.

1.jpg

Thanks! Idea was yours :thumbup:

lol :) good code trumps idea ;)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks!

Yours is a good question! At the moment, using sync app (avalaible to download from the first post of this thread), both flight time and aircraft are automatically logged, this data are already on the database.

Flight time can be logged also manually adding a sortie event on calendar and soon I will add also manual aircraft chose from a list. […]

Thanks for the reply. I'm using only the manual log, I'll wait for the future implementation of the feature. Cheers.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I get an error when pasring this log "Object Reference is not set to an instance of an object" ?

debrief.zip

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Does the automatic logbook sync work in multiplayer or is it a SP only feature?

Hi Nirvi, it works also with debrief.log, as I know this log file is autogenerated also in multiplayer missions.

The file is overwritten after any mission. You should sync after a mission, the process it's very quick matter of seconds.

1.jpg

Hi Nirvi, it works also with debrief.log, as I know this log file is autogenerated also in multiplayer missions.

The file is overwritten after any mission. You should sync after a mission, the process it's very quick matter of seconds.

Thanks, just tried it :D

I had to manually set a few dozen target types and got a few "Undisclosed target", no Idea what these were. But it works :)

Feature request: I ejected two times, could these events also be integrated in the log? As well as pilot deaths.

I attached my debriefing file just in case anything helpful can be found there.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Added another debriefing, here I had to manually select the target type for around 100 of the 120 Events.

sow0407.zip

debrief.zip

Edited by Nirvi

Thanks, just tried it :D

I had to manually set a few dozen target types and got a few "Undisclosed target", no Idea what these were. But it works :)

Feature request: I ejected two times, could these events also be integrated in the log? As well as pilot deaths.

I attached my debriefing file just in case anything helpful can be found there.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Added another debriefing, here I had to manually select the target type for around 100 of the 120 Events.

Hi Nirvi,

Thank you for sharing your logs, they will be very useful to implement multiple eject and deaths.

Are they from a multiplayer session right?

About your first question: it is not an multiplayer issue, unfortunately logs are often not completely explicative, some hits are on "not specified targets", I decided to maintain log record in order to let the player specify the exact target manually. I suspect these are hit on scenery objects but I'm not completely sure, I'm open to any suggestion.

About manually selection of targets: I implemented a system to autolearn from manual input. Once every two or three days I check data and update database, so that previously manual specified target will be autorecognized. Only today I added more than ten user specified target. With your help, soon I hope nearly all target will be autorecognized.

1.jpg

Hi Nirvi,

Thank you for sharing your logs, they will be very useful to implement multiple eject and deaths.

Are they from a multiplayer session right?

About your first question: it is not an multiplayer issue, unfortunately logs are often not completely explicative, some hits are on "not specified targets", I decided to maintain log record in order to let the player specify the exact target manually. I suspect these are hit on scenery objects but I'm not completely sure, I'm open to any suggestion.

About manually selection of targets: I implemented a system to autolearn from manual input. Once every two or three days I check data and update database, so that previously manual specified target will be autorecognized. Only today I added more than ten user specified target. With your help, soon I hope nearly all target will be autorecognized.

Correct, both logs are from multiplayersessions with multiple landings, takeoffs, bailouts etc.

The not specified targets were probably scenery objects, you're right.

Happy to help:)

Hi Ansirial,

I was logging some flight time a few minutes ago and I thought it would be cool and useful to distinguish combat sorties and training sorties. Do you think it's doable and/or relevant to your logbook project ?

The ability to see at a glance the ratio of hours spent in training/combat could be quite interesting from my perspective.

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Hi Ansirial,

I was logging some flight time a few minutes ago and I thought it would be cool and useful to distinguish combat sorties and training sorties. Do you think it's doable and/or relevant to your logbook project ?

The ability to see at a glance the ratio of hours spent in training/combat could be quite interesting from my perspective.

Hi Tugais, thanks for the suggestion! Really really interesting. I realized I have same problem with DCS.

Do you think victories earned during training should be logged? I would avoid double logging...

1.jpg

Hi Tugais, thanks for the suggestion! Really really interesting. I realized I have same problem with DCS.

Do you think victories earned during training should be logged? I would avoid double logging...

I'm logging manually each one of my sorties and I decided to not score victories earned during training flights. I really could not speak for others regarding this question, it's more a matter of personal preference at this point.

Looking forward to the possibility of adding this functionality.

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Another debrief.log with around 100 of 120 manual target types to set for your autolearning system. :)

As for training sorties: Maybe a simple checkbox when uploading the debrief.log?

Tick the Training checkbox and the sortie will only count as training, or something like this.

debrief (2).zip

Edited by Nirvi

Another debrief.log with around 100 of 120 manual target types to set for your autolearning system. :)

As for training sorties: Maybe a simple checkbox when uploading the debrief.log?

Tick the Training checkbox and the sortie will only count as training, or something like this.

System that suggest me target to link works automatically, yesterday I added a lot of them.

I see there were a lot of empty types and "Undisclosed target"; unfortunately, without any clue I'm unable to create a rule to suggest target type.

I'm still in doubt if add a flag to avoid to record hits, this would shorten the manual log process but also you will miss some information.

Please let me know.

1.jpg

I'm logging manually each one of my sorties and I decided to not score victories earned during training flights. I really could not speak for others regarding this question, it's more a matter of personal preference at this point.

Looking forward to the possibility of adding this functionality.

It is a little complex indeed... I will think about.

Soon I will add the possility to chose aircraft also in manual input; I hoped to add this in the begining of the week but I had very busy days.

1.jpg

System that suggest me target to link works automatically, yesterday I added a lot of them.

I see there were a lot of empty types and "Undisclosed target"; unfortunately, without any clue I'm unable to create a rule to suggest target type.

I'm still in doubt if add a flag to avoid to record hits, this would shorten the manual log process but also you will miss some information.

Please let me know.

I will do a test tonight where I only fire on scenery objects.

couple of suggestions;

character time periods or suggested dates, so this is more of a quality of life update, but if the user uploads a file with a date stamp for 2020 that is for a character in the 1940's either offer to correct or reject, based upon you setting an operation period for your character.. not set accepts all?

Import from log book, can you import from you game logbook, to get awards and base hours?

couple of suggestions;

Import from log book, can you import from you game logbook, to get awards and base hours?

Yes please, if possible!

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

couple of suggestions;

character time periods or suggested dates, so this is more of a quality of life update, but if the user uploads a file with a date stamp for 2020 that is for a character in the 1940's either offer to correct or reject, based upon you setting an operation period for your character.. not set accepts all?

Hi Speed of Heat, I originally thought events with 2 different dates:

- Date of event (if you are flying in the WWII this should be between '39 and '45)

- Timestamp you can find in the bottom right corner opening an event (Moment you flew the mission, if now someday in the 2020)

This works very good for SP careers or even campaings in my opinion.

I was in trouble when I thought in more different ways, for instance, a character for online only.

Maybe, in this situation, even with a WWII plane, he would like to use as date of event the day he flew the mission.

In addition, especially for DCS, reading log files, date of the mission is not there, so I decided to use the date of creation of the log.

In general I tried to keep all as free as possible in order to avoid to force rules.

About you second suggestion, I tried at first, but in the main DCS logbook a lot of details are missing.

Awards are present but dates are missing, in additions to this awards are in general so few and so sketchy that would be an overkill to sync them.

As I know, some users, are logging mission with the tool but are setting rank and awards with own rules.

About base hours, now that aircraft selection is online (just published an update), I'm thinking to implement base hours to manually sync the total hours missing like you can do with not logged events.

1.jpg

I'm now pretty sure the "Undisclosed target" are only scenery objects like houses.

Here's a debriefing from a freeflight mission. I only strafed some houses, no enemy or friedly targets were in the vicinity

Thanks a lot for the help! Do you think it would better to avoid registering them?

Otherwise they need to be classified manually.

1.jpg