DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

Anyone thinks these guys deserve a forum section? I mean, True Grit got one at the day their project has been announced...

I think its just a matter of FlyingIron asking for one, when the day arrives where they want a sub forum.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Anyone thinks these guys deserve a forum section? I mean, True Grit got one at the day their project has been announced...

i asked newey, and he said when theyre ready, theyll have one. but what constitutes ready? that was never made clear

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 4 weeks later...
From Flyingiron Discord...

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Still on track for release this year?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Still on track for release this year?

Who said anything about this year?! :huh:

Is this some poor attempt to create another "developer promise" that the developers never made?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Who said anything about this year?! :huh:

Is this some poor attempt to create another "developer promise" that the developers never made?

I believe it was made in the first announcement thread by the actual developer, hence why I asked.

I commented that it sounded hopelessly optimistic. And since it sounds like they have a bit better of a clue as to what they've gotten themselves into, if they have revised that rather optimistic prediction.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

why even bother? i would ignore any sort of timeframe estimates because when you think about it there is literally no meaning to an arrival date for us. we're not part of some supply chain, there is no meaningful timing window that we need a module to link up with. what, you gonna plan your next 5 years around being a day1 module keybinder? give me a break.

really its like you all just want to larp as middle management

Edited by probad

I believe it was made in the first announcement thread by the actual developer, hence why I asked.

So... this thread then? As far as I can see this very thread is literally the only thing there is about this.

really its like you all just want to larp as middle management

Sir, I'm afraid that I cannot let that stand without letting you know that I am indeed likely to steal that statement somewhere down the line.

So... this thread then? As far as I can see this very thread is literally the only thing there is about this.

No it was in the first thread on this the main ED section a month or two ago IIRC, you can go dig through it for that bit of knowledge. And it had the actual Devs posting in it.

I mainly remember the "later this year" comment because I thought it was hopelessly out of touch. And Given that they are Xplane developers they probably expected a similar dev cycle for DCS...

I mean, I wish them luck, but I personally don't expect to see it till late next year at the earliest, unless its a total rushed bodge job.

It was this thread and here is your answer.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4227398&postcount=128

That being said it's a "hope" and not a promise. It would be awesome, but they can take as long as they need as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for digging that up.

I guess it was this thread and it got moved from the main thread here.

At any rate, I'm not gonna hold anyone's feet to the fire. I'd much rather devs take a bit of extra time so that the release is more complete than not.

No Problem at all :).

I agree with you. I want them take the time needed to get the A-7 as complete as possible. I'm looking forward to this one.

Hey all,

This is more or less the way we have decided to take things - we don't want to rush things and we want to give the SLUF the love and attention that it deserves. As mentioned above, the release date will be a while away so I wouldn't think about it too much.

I was also wondering if anyone has access to an A-7 exterior and/or interior nearby and would be willing to capture images/video(if/when it is safe to do so, of course) so we can recreate it with photogrammetry? If you'd be interested in helping us out, please DM me, or send me an email at alex (@)flyingiron(dot)com(dot)au

Rest assured, you will see more progress updates in the coming weeks/months.

Cheers,

Alex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

Hopefully some progress has been made within the past 30 days that y'all can point to. No pressure, just wondering is all. :music_whistling: There are many Corsair II lovers in here that are anxiously waiting for the day we can start throwing money at you!! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some time ago i was talking with a HAF M2000-5 pilot about the flight characteristics of the aircraft and he praised the carefree handling the delta wing/fbw combination gives. Then he

described a fligth behaviour (if i remember correctly where the aircraft changes hard direction from the one side to the other demonstrating it with his hands, have already forgotten the technical name of the aerodynamic rule he mentioned) and said that the mirage can do it without problem and that maneuver have killed some A-7H/E pilots, since the aircraft was prone to depart from it. Does anyone have a clue what this can be? If i wll see him again will ask for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Take your time. Ive waited 7 years for a A-7, I can wait a little longer still :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |