Key bindings are not recognized in single player mode

I just bought the F-86 module. I was frustrated to find that my key bindings were not having an effect when I ran the instant action missions. This includes joystick buttons, axes, and keyboard bindings. Examples are, I mapped joystick8 to nosewheel steering. I mapped N to set the gun selector to ALL (even the default bindings don't work to move the gun selector), and I mapped my secondary throttle slider to zoom view. No effect for any of this.

However, when I ran a multiplayer mission, it all worked as expected. I forgot that I even had a problem.

But then I went back and flew a single player mission and all my keybindings are ignored again. They show up in the key binding tool but they have no effect in flight. Any idea what's going on?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

It appears Instant Action and Create Fast Mission use the "F-86F Easy" control mappings. But it's confusing because when I pause and pull up the Adjust Control menu, it defaults to showing "F-86F Real".

Can I force it to always use Real controls?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I suspect you have not disabled "Game Mode". There are 2 check boxes under Options/GamePlay:

- Game Flight Mode

- Game Avionics Mode

These should be un-checked in order to disable Game Mode.

Instant Action and missions will then use "Real" or "Sim" mode.

Caveat: Game mode can also be enabled at mission level in Mission Editor. But missions supplied by ED generally don't have these enabled.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5