[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Radar severely bugged since update

dores893

Hopefully this has already been reported, but the Hornet A/A radar is basically broken.

1. It's picking up almost no contacts with LTWS turned off.

2. AACQ is only locking friendlies, which is the opposite of what the software should be doing (prioritizing threats).

3. ACM modes are locking nothing. I was in a merge with 5 bandits at under 5nm and going through all the ACM modes could get no lock on anything.

The radar used to work perfectly. I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks,

Jimmy

AI probably has music off and jammers on

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It might be a datalink issue, but when I turn off LTWS I will literally go from 20 contacts to 1 which is not realistic for a 140 degree sweep at 6 bars of elevation. Not to mention that contact will fail IFF interrogation. Even so, in ACM modes at under 5nm, I should be locking things up like crazy LTWS or not. My guess is that the radar code is imploding with all of the extra information from the datalink.

Edited by dores893

What about the other option?

That you guys are not using it correctly?

F18's radar is working fine now.. Minor bugs, maybe, but all you are describing is not a bug.

I agree. I don't have any issue with the radar so far. I use SA as reference to track a bandit to know its alt and range then I set my radar up to find it, no problem here.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

What about the other option?

That you guys are not using it correctly?

F18's radar is working fine now.. Minor bugs, maybe, but all you are describing is not a bug.

I went to ground school on the super hornet, so no offense, but how would you know if the radar is working properly? Maybe you are running it in 2.5 or using different drivers if it's working for you. But, we have verified reports that it's been bugged since the datalink integration on beta. Trust me, something is off, because it WAS working correctly a few updates ago. Where's a good crew chief when you need one?

Edited by dores893

You're actually suggesting that I was using it properly, and now I'm not thus the bugs? How bitter are you guys? When I post a bug, you can believe it's real. But, it appears (I hope) that the datalink issue has already been reported.

Somethings were introduced and you didn't took the time to understand.. MSI for example.

What exactly are u referring as "already reported" regarding the datalink?

Also, ur problem is with radar.. Radar acquisition (except ACM modes, [maybe]) is fine.

1. It's picking up almost no contacts with LTWS turned off.

It will all depends on ur radar set, range, bars, azymuth.. 6Bars 140 degrees 40 miles takes a lot of time to scan,, and depending on ur aging setting, u most likely will have few targets at once...

With LWIS (and MSI) u will have SA trackfiles displayed in ur radar even if they are not being currently scanned.

2. AACQ is only locking friendlies, which is the opposite of what the software should be doing (prioritizing threats).

AACQ dont filter or use the prioritization as a determination on what to lock.. it will lock the 1st contact that your current scan detects,,, if ur bar is scanning down were a friendly is instead of a heads on bandit, it will pick up friendly 1st.

3. ACM modes are locking nothing. I was in a merge with 5 bandits at under 5nm and going through all the ACM modes could get no lock on anything.

It seems incomplete now.. but knowing the current limitations, ACM worked fine so far to me.

The radar used to work perfectly. I'm not sure what happened.

there a lots of features still in development for the f18, dont get confortable in how you use it know.,. it might change with the addition of new features... that happened to radar when MSI came out.

I went to ground school on the super hornet, so no offense, but how would you know if the radar is working properly? Maybe you are running it in 2.5 or using different drivers if it's working for you. But, we have verified reports that it's been bugged since the datalink integration on beta. Trust me, something is off, because it WAS working correctly a few updates ago. Where's a good crew chief when you need one?

U asking how would I know.. but u base ur argument solely on "it was working before"

when i mean works fine i mean by i can lock whoever i want without issues.. let's not bring to the "real life" thing here. please.

Well, you have your error report. Wags and his team will fix it like they always do. I usually don't take time out of my day to report anything unless its a major issue, but nothing I've ever said has gotten past the moderator of this forum. Yet, everything I've said has always been fixed. I've done my job. I'm sure he will do his. Peace out folks.

Since extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I feel it my duty to add that I just ran a simulation in SP with bandits, friendlies, AWACS, and myself. I had no radar issues whether LTWS was on or not. All the radar modes worked properly. This must be a multiplayer issue, and perhaps it occurs when your contacts are saturated (30+). That was the case on throughtheinferno last night when everything went to crap.

This must be a multiplayer issue, and perhaps it occurs when your contacts are saturated (30+).

I would like to comment that indeed, the radar scope gets over-saturated if multiple contacts are around. IRL, HAFUs are being displayed for only the 8 highest priority MSI trackfiles, designated contacts included. The rest are shown as bricks and this helps maintain a relatively decluttered radar scope. Moving the TDC over a brick will show its HAFU.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro