Stutter in Persian Gulf

Laer

A new system is WELL overdue... but just not in the near future, as I have so many other things more important to have money spent on (... plus, I'm not looking forward to having to re-install/configure everything... plus, being forced to use Win10 on top of that...)

The install is as simple as copy and paste. (Make an external backup or simply move your new SSD to the new pc with DCS on it and done) As long as you don't care about all the "proper win links". Haven't done a full download install in years across three pc's. Here's my latest post about this. I need to do a video and just post that to make it easier.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hello again... Well, I bought an SSD, copied DCS2.5 onto it, and set up a 5 gig page file on it.

All went well, but unfortunately it didn't seem to make a difference. Frame rates are still smooth, but I get 1/2 second pauses every once in a while.

I thought about setting my terrain textures to low, but they already are, so there doesn't seem to be any more I can do to limit what it has to load.

Tried setting the preload both high and low, but nothing really was a clear winner.

DCS1.5 didn't have these problems, and I don't think 2.5 initially did either... Just something that came up afterwards, either via an update or some change in my PC, I guess.

That's a drag. I was hoping this would be a quick fix until I buy a new system. I'm playing at 1080, and have relevant settings set to reasonable values. Again, frame rate is nice... just those annoying 1/2 - 1 second pauses.

I have to try some of the other suggestions (clearing the metashaders folder, etc), although I suspect not much will change.

@David: The install I was referring to was all the other (non-DCS) stuff... email, programs, etc. Ya, the copy over of DCS was easy.

• ED Team

Do any of you use malwarebytes?

Some users have found the real time protection is creating problems for DCS, excluding DCS has helped them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249533&page=5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

(A little while later....)

Wow, I think that actually worked, Bignewy! I just did a flight, and experienced no pauses whatsoever!

I have to do a long flight (as you never know how long it takes until the sim jumps from RAM to the page file), but this seems to have completely worked!

That's awesome!

Thanks for pointing that thread out...

BONUS HAPPINESS!!!

Just for kicks, I also tried out the Persian Gulf map (which had always had pauses, which was always said to be due to it being a far more demanding map).... and it TOO is running (so far) without any pauses.

Silky smooth!

It's like Christmas over here....

• 6 months later...