JTAC for KA-50

Quirk did you try this with the fixed comm.lua?

Mhh I think this is more JTAC related. I remember having the same issue in an A10C mission I've made.

I'm waiting with the release of V1.3 untill DCSW 1.2.3, which was already announced. In case it is not compatible anymore I can fix it for V1.3 so I we won't get lost in all the versions...

'Frett'

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there are quite a few issues with jtac, among other things. I am currently working on a campaign for the ka50, and it uses this mod, so just coming across some things here and there, but so far so good...thx again for the mod, it's great.

edit: EB, yeah using the new comms.lua

Edited by Quirkitized

how could I get this to work with BS version 1.111

Find the files that are replaced.

They are in different folders. For example. comm.lua has a different name and should be somewhere in the sound folder.

Can't help you further. I hope you can figure it out yourself.

'Frett'

It'll be at least a week before it's released...currently have three missions done, thinking of about 5-7 ish missions total. Should be good fun though, i'll let ya know when it's finished.

Will it be multiplayer? One of my squadmates just bought BS2 and I'd like to do some flying with him after the holidays...

TurboHog: Is there some way to get one more L/L-decimal? I know the navcomputer doesn't support it but I believe the ABRIS does? Thanks for a great mod! I had great fun so far!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

It'll be single player. However, after I finish it, I can edit it to allow multiplayer coop, for that it would most likely be two players only. It shouldn't take too long after it's complete because then it's just adding a couple more targets for another player and another players routes, etc.

Will it be multiplayer? One of my squadmates just bought BS2 and I'd like to do some flying with him after the holidays...

TurboHog: Is there some way to get one more L/L-decimal? I know the navcomputer doesn't support it but I believe the ABRIS does? Thanks for a great mod! I had great fun so far!

Noted.

You will get an extra decimal bonus. JTAC now transmits XX'XX.XXX in v1.3. Due to be released after World v1.2.3

'Frett'

Does the JTAC for the Russian version of the game speak Russian, or is still the same dialog files? If it's localized, you could use that for a quick and dirty Red Coalition JTAC capability.

JTAC is only in English if you have the English version.

You will have to update USSR.lua to include the JTAC code. In addition you will have to update the Russian units in the ME to enable the FAC tasks.

'Frett'

JTAC is only in English if you have the English version.

And if you have the Russian version, what language is it in?

My point is that if the Russian version of DCS has the JTAC audio in Russian, you could use that Russian audio, rip it from their version of the game, and use it in the mod to give dialog to a Red Coalition JTAC.

Edited by Xeno426
clarification

And if you have the Russian version, what language is it in?

My point is that if the Russian version of DCS has the JTAC audio in Russian, you could use that Russian audio, rip it from their version of the game, and use it in the mod to give dialog to a Red Coalition JTAC.

I don't know. It should still be english for Mp compatability I think. With Russian subtitles.

'Frett'

• 1 month later...

It might be because I have been away for a while and have forgotten . Im having trouble In the latest version the communications menu button keeps breaking after I first make contact with the JTAC and check in the # key doesn't work anymore but it sort of work if I press ctrl of shift #.

Also to radio name just says "Main" instead of "R-828"

anyone else having issues or point out what im doing wrong?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Well, I managed to take a look at the Russian-language version of DCS A-10C, and unfortunately the JTAC is still in English (as is AWACS, oddly enough).

So, what would have to be done to enable JTAC on the Russian side? It'll have to use the current English voices, unless a Russian community member wants to help out with recorded voices...

It might be because I have been away for a while and have forgotten . Im having trouble In the latest version the communications menu button keeps breaking after I first make contact with the JTAC and check in the # key doesn't work anymore but it sort of work if I press ctrl of shift #.

The key I have set to the advanced radio options is LCtrl + \, but that may be different on your system.

Just found this mod, YOU ARE THE MAN. Adds a whole new dimension to the game for me, and I love the missions so far, more realistic IMHO. Gets pretty boring playing the stock rambo missions (a couple a-10's or ka-50's against 60 targets). Love the support roles.

This helps maybe?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1509178&postcount=32

The PTT button changed in one of the older versions of DCS World...

@wess24m Thanks man!

@Xeno426

I have been semi-succesfull trying to implement Russian JTAC. I was able to add the FAC waypoint actions, callsigns and frequencies for Russian units. Although in theory everything was right, I still couldn't get the JTAC to answer my call. I gave up after an entire day of trying to get it working...

• Like 1

'Frett'

Thanks TurboHog!

That pointed me in the right direction.

I did have that entry in my key bindings but it was red because it had a modifier button conflict.

+1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I have been semi-succesfull trying to implement Russian JTAC. I was able to add the FAC waypoint actions, callsigns and frequencies for Russian units. Although in theory everything was right, I still couldn't get the JTAC to answer my call. I gave up after an entire day of trying to get it working...

Well that blows. Let's hope BIS plans to add some of this capability in on its own in Combined Arms or something. No FAC (or radio AWACS) on the Red side is really killer.

Well that blows. Let's hope BIS plans to add some of this capability in on its own in Combined Arms or something. No FAC (or radio AWACS) on the Red side is really killer.

Now I suppose you know but just in case. JTAC is bound to NATO or USSR, not red or blue.

A line from me_action_db.lua, which defines all the advanced waypoint actions, filters out the FAC tasks for USSR units because of the following line:

verifyGroupCapability = isWesternCountry

After commenting this line out you can actually assign an advanced waypoint task like 'FAC - engage group' to a Russian ground unit in the ME...

Oh btw:

V1.3, which I am using for over a month now will be still be released with V1.2.3. If only I knew that 123 was going to be delayed by more than one month in december... So sorry guys... fixes and updated manual as soon as ED got V1.2.3 right...

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'